Velocityone Flight best sensitivity settings

Dear simmers,

Are there any Velocityone Flight best sensitivity settings out there on the internet or should I use the default?

Thanks.
Rok

Check out several suggestions on Youtube…Simhanger, Huddisonand Squirrel have really given out some great suggestions and info…

Depends on the plane, I fly GA and have my VF1 sensitivities down around 30% plus reactivity of 15-20%

1 Like

If it’s the V1 yoke, one of the most important things is to give yourself a dead zone for back elevator to make sure you have a consistent return-to-zero. The sponges in the middle can leave you a few % back elevator when you ease off(it does not do this in forward elevator). You ease off of back elevator gently, trim the plane, and it will settle another 3% or so forward.

Check it out in the sensitivity screen sometime let it return GENTLY like you would in flight, not just banging the controls around and it often sits back of center a wee bit. Barely touch it and it settles forward. Set a 2-4% dead zone and ‘slide’ it left towards back elevator so no matter what you do when you release the yoke, it will be ‘zero’, and not move a bit by touching a yoke button.

I have like 20 custom setups all originating/evolving from simhangar but roughly most have -30% sensitivity on average for elevator, zero for aileron(except a few like the RV14) and when I used trigger rudders -30-40 ish % with various minor tweaks for each profile/aircraft type.

Another one to tweak is elevator trim axis, I think I run roughly -30% average on that, gives you a LOT more precision. Some aircraft are mushy, some are extremely sensitive on trim, especially faster aircraft, it makes a big difference. My example values are throwaway numbers, but all profiles have some setting reducing the sensitivity of elevator and elevator trim.

But the zero-out on back elevator is important. Not sure if you’ve seen it but back in the day I had mine all apart and tweaked and tinkered, pretty familiar with the guts. If you do it simhangar style and build an initial profile, it’s a good idea to carefully spend some time in something honest like the 172 and check your base trim/dead zones for your particular yoke and then duplicate and tweak from there so the native peripheral ‘trim’ continues to duplicate before realizing it after making profile #14.

I am still astounded to how many GA configurations and assignments are possible with this yoke, every plane I fly has what it needs ready from tail wheel locks, aux on/off speedbrakes(like the mooney), water rudders, various lighting combination toggles, basic AP controls, etc without having to go to the keyboard or mouse. I have yet to try to see if you can link shift+ buttons to double some assignments. Even goofy setups like the Goose/B18/DC3 for differential where I use the verniers directly below the throttle levers for prop RPM(I keep mixture linked). In a baron/king air where I’m not slinging the back of the plane around I just keep them linked, etc. In the 337 I sometimes fly fully linked, sometimes use upper lever/lower verniers for front/back engine controls.

I also changed the SH return to default cockpit view button to custom view 1(if you save them as ALT+#), as some ‘defaults’ are horrid looking 10 degrees down/too far zoomed in, sitting a the head height of a 6yo, etc. I save what I think is a true native head height/position zoomed to what feels like my natural field of view looking at the horizon true and use THAT as the snap-back view. Some aircraft have such bad defaults you may be WAY off on approach because of it. I think the 172/152 are the only two aircraft I haven’t substantially changed what ‘default’ looks like.

4 Likes

This guy is having a good ol time with his VelocityOne.