Version 1.29.30 has completely destroyed my simulator

Nothing selfish I fly with a free plane (a320 FBW) my point is to say that I am more sensitive to the stability of the sim than to addons
look at most of the posts refer to these difficulties of FPS or freezing or stuttering over the new versions this should put the flea in the ear of the developers anyway right?

apologies chaps I have ryzen 5 5600x. the numbers confused me. still doesnt change the fact that my performance was fine and now has been trashed.

Yesterday I made a flight from MMMX to KSAT with the Cessna mustang 510. While taxing to take off I noticed stuttering but I thought it was due to ai traffic (I had live traffic enabled with AIG models). The flight was quite good with no issues but during the approaching and landing I had so many stutters and freezes that my landing was so bad and horrible that I rolled out of the runway and this is very hard to do it when you land a small plane in a huge runway like 13R in KSAT :neutral_face:

5 minutes ago I made a small flight with the default DA40 without ai traffic. OMG, stutters and lags all the time!!! :scream: :fearful:

Before the 1.29.30 update the sim was runnung fantastic. Now the performance its horrible.

Asobo, please fix the issue.

2 Likes

Flew last evening, graphics set to medium everything. No stutters, but PMDG 737 pitches up/down, and has been reported to them, not sure it’s sim or plane. Otherwise no issues. Suspect some PC do not like this sim or code. Happy flying.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have the same issue, after installing 1.29.30 the game is totally unplayable due to heavy stuttering. Before the update it was running smoothly

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Have been in/out of game all day (mostly), no issues. I think it’s time to divide into Intel and AMD camp here to see if it is specific to a HW platform. I am all Intel/MS/Nvidia, others chime in, think it will show up as AMD issue possibly, and maybe specific to a certain CPU/GPU combo.

With my AMD Motherboard/CPU (5800x3d) and Nvidia GPU (3060ti) no problems.
Smooth flight and performance 45/50 fps ground, 60/65 fps in Air with PMDG 737.

CTD after pressing “Fly” mid load it freezes. Sim is unusable since SU11. And that white dot destroys the immersion of the sim too

1 Like

MSFS works well for most users and also on my PC.
It can be a hardware configuration problem or a corrupt MSFS installation.

Guess again. i7-11700KF, 32GB DDR4-3600, RTX3070. Stutters, stutters and more stutters.

1 Like

So after work today, I fired up my PC and noticed a Win11 Update was available this week: 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5020044)

If you open the associated Knowlege Base article, buried waaaay down the list of notes almost at the bottom is this little gem:

So I installed this update, rebooted and then spawned into the Guimbal Cabria G2 helicopter on the runway at KSJC. I have custom payware here but it’s pretty framerate friendly. In the running copter, I was getting 45 - 55 fps depending on where I looked, and much smoother panning with minimal stutter compared to before the Windows Update. Upon lifting off, at 1,000’ or up, I was getting 60+ fps and glassy performance. I then headed north along the west coastal area of the Bay for a leisurely 30 minute cruise. Upon leaving the airport area, my FPS climbed to the 60 - 75 fps range for most of the trip as I flew at 1,000’ - 1,200’ MSL.

Approaching KSFO, my frames began dropping again (not unexpected - KSFO is not optimized at all and really should be redone). Overlying the airport terminal, I was still getting 45 fps, a bit stuttery on panning, but still much better than before. Continuing north, once over downtown San Francisco, I was seeing 58 - 64 fps and very smooth performance, climbing to 65+ fps as I passed over the Bay to land at Alcatraz.

All in all, a tremendous difference from what I was seeing a few days ago with the same settnigs I have been using.

Tested before and after installing,
2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5020044)

Test Situation
PMDG 737 on London City, RW 27, time 09:00 am, all sim setting equel.
RIG: Amd 5800X3D, Nvidia 3060ti, 32GB (3200 Mhz) mem.

Before installing the update
Inside cockpit: FPS 54/55 - FT 18 ms.
Outside cockpit: FPS 50/51 - FT 19.5 ms.

After installation and restart PC
Inside cockpit: FPS 55 - FT 18 ms.
Outside cockpit: FPS 51 - FT 19.5 ms.

No performance gain.

It’s not about “performance gain” as such, at least not for me. It’s about alleviation of the incessant stuttering affecting many of us.

Well, glad that worked out, assume W10 will be also getting it later on too, or something similar.

I’ve got horrible stutters since the update as well. It was running so beautifully smooth before this update,and now it’smaking me sick in VR. I pretty much only fly in VR, mind you.

There was also an update for the Nvidia driver which I installed, so at first I thought it was the driver. I reverted back to the previous one, but sadly it’s still a stutterfest. Now I’m going back to the new driver again, reboot PC and see it makes a difference

RTX 2070 and 9th gen I5

1 Like