Version 1.29.30 has completely destroyed my simulator

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue:

My sim was running beautifully until today I was forced to download the 1.29.30 (approx 700mb?) update. Suddenly when booting my simulator, I noticed that the main menu was super laggy. Opening the sim, I was shocked to find that my FPS has been slashed into 1/3 of its original value and that now the microstuttering is so severe the sim is unflyable. When I start a flight, the sim is so laggy that I can’t even open UI menus without waiting a mintute (i.e. if i want to open camera controls menu it takes a minute or so; additionally, selecting general options takes ages to load). Interestingly, I now have these overlays indicating landmarks as well as a HUD-type displays overlaying my VC view which is brand new to me. Has there been a forced change of graphical settings? I also do not recall choosing DX12 beta as my graphics API.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Update to 1.29.30

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 5 7600x EDIT: ryzen 5 5600x
24gb ddr4 2400mhz
3060ti Founders edition

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Sorry. Cannot confirm any of the bugs you describe. Maybe something went wrong with the update process.
Graphic settings are sometimes reset during an update though.

Hey, I’ve been on the beta for this update and found it to be about the same in terms of performance. Not a huge improvement for sure, but I wasn’t seeing a huge difference. I think I was experiencing some strange drops in FPS in the beginning too- defaulted all the graphics options, erased cache, defaulted NVI and then tuned from there. I think I ended up turning on HAGS again? This sim requires constant tweaking.

1 Like

I think it also defaulted all of my assistance settings too- to easy…

The patch went fine for me and I also updated the 2 updates in the Content Manager that came up. I then closed MSFS and restarted my PC, relaunched game and everything ran fine (unlike some past updates), but I did notice a bunch of micro-stutters in my first flight that were not there before. GPU, CPU, and memory/RAM usage was no worse than before either so something seems a little off
Ryzen 5800X / EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 / 32 Gb RAM / 3x 1TB SSDs PCI4/ Win 10 DX11/ Average FPS- 72

Topic moved into Community Support for community assistance.

Hmm, did not check my assistance settings, next time sim open on list. Did not notice lags, etc., either. Seems about the same to me but actually only flew short hop in F-14 to test control options I had been trying to get correct since reinstalled sim. No profile for my Virpil Devices on system so had to recreate them, and that I can tell you was major event. Too many choices and no guidance on which one actually really works like you expect it too. Thank you for heads up on assistance settings.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Also, can’t connect to Marketplace (says no Internet connection, but there is). As well, have to use Windows Task Manager to shut the program down. This is the second day now, after restarting the program several times and cold rebooting PC.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

After any/all updates:
Double check your Graphic settings and Data is set online.
( going to windowed mode is common after updates )
Delete the Rolling Cache,
Restart msfs.
Create new Rolling Cache, if you use it.

1 Like

@SlinkyIce432928
Welcome!
But not the topic of this thread, sorry.
(even though header is vague)

Try searching marketplace offline
Also see support for FAQ, Tips, Known issues ( link at top of forun page )
Check your online- see Options>Data Settings and logged into xbox.

No problems here…… :roll_eyes:

Did you restart you computer after the update?

You’re not alone:

For me personally, the FPS is fine but the stutters are just terrible. So much so that I have hardly flown since SU11 at all. The little pauses, stutters and occasional 1-2 second freezes have destroyed any sense of enjoyment I get from flying.

Same here. Stuttering since yesterday. Another game breaking mandatory update I can’t roll back, thanks.

3 Likes

They are simply incapable of mastering the stuttering which progresses with each update even with powerfull equipment and they will never manage to do so.before the SU10 I was shooting with a TLOD of 150 without any stuttering so something must have been and in the end it’s no use complaining and reporting bugs since they don’t fix them I would be very curious to see what are the bugs that are really fixed with each update of the sim I said in a previous comment that I don’t care to have new planes that are useless to me but that the important thing was the stability and the fluidity of the sim for me they do not know how to correct the degradations they have created and for a sim over 100 dollars it’s serious
when you see that the latest generation processors and high-end graphics cards do not last the distance there are really questions to ask
For me the sim is not unplayable but getting 2 or 3 lags while taxiing and a 2 or 3 second freeze on final approach is simply unacceptable

1 Like

Every update has release notes.
For example: Release Notes [1.29.30.0] Available Now

I can’t really provide a solution to your problem, but what picked my attention is your RAM.

You have 3x 8GB I guess. 2400mhz is also veeery slow. Sweetspot for Ryzen 7000 is DDR-5 6000mhz.

Do you have XMP activated in your Bios. Have you tried only two RAM slots? Or adding another 8GB Stick to get 32GB?

I guess you giving away lots of performance there with your otherwise powerfull system.

Edit:
To at least try to add a solution here:
Please empty your community folder and try again, as you stated you didn’t try without clearing it.

2 Likes

With 3 sims dual channel is not working and that cost you a lot off performance.
Suggest 2x 16Gb or 4x 8Gb sim.

5 Likes

How selfish is that? I’m pretty sure there are plenty of grateful users around who can’t afford decent 3rd party aircraft’s.

Ryzen 7000 is ddr5 only so something not right in those specs

1 Like