[VERSION 1.8] FSKneeboard - VR-optimized Cockpit Management | FSKneeboard

Hi Fellow VR-Pilots,

Today, I’d love to share with you my passion-project called “FSKneeboard” and get your feedback on the ongoing development!

FSKneeboard is an extension for Microsoft Flight Simulator that combines a bunch of essential tools for realistically flying a simulator in VR. It adds a helpful ingame panel to your flight simulator that gives you access to

• several different maps, waypoints, and tracks,
  • a charts viewer,
  • and a notepad!

This is especially helpful for those of us who like to fly in VR. It does, however, also work without VR and is 100% “2D-mode-compatible”.

The Map Module

FSKneeboard’s central map module offers you a variety of different maps, including different nav data layers for your VFR and IFR flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

The moving map tracks your airplane’s position at all times and if you want to add an additional layer of realism, you can even hide your aircraft’s location for a real pilot’s “paper map on kneeboard” experience.

You can also load your ingame flightplan you have created on Flight Simulator’s world map screen into FSKneeboard. And with the embedded location finder you can locate ANY address or POI around the world and add it as a waypoint to your current flightplan. You can even teleport there with just a click of a button.

Charts Viewer

The charts viewer module is the new home for all your approach charts, checklists and weather briefings. Just put your collection of PNG charts in FSKneeboard’s charts folder on your computer and browse them from within your VR cockpit. You can even organize them in subfolders.

Notepad

If you are flying with online ATC like VATSIM or IVAO, FSKneeboard’s notepad module may become your new best friend. It allows you to quickly write down ATC clearances or weather information by either scribbling on it with your mouse, or typing with a virtual onscreen keyboard; or your physical keyboard.

You can even use an external device like your iPad or Android tablet to quickly take notes with a stylus and have them immediatly synced over to your VR cockpit!

How To Get FSKneeboard

FSKneeboard can be downloaded for FREE from https://fskneeboard.com/try-free.

Alternatively, you can decide to support the development of the mod by purchasing a license at https://fskneeboard.com/buy-now, and in return unlock some exclusive features. And here’s the kicker: You set the price yourself and decide how much you want to pay!

How To Get Support

If you have any questions, please reach out to me (and the amazing community)

I’d love to hear from you guys :slight_smile:

Fly safe!

Chris

4 Likes

Hi Pilots,

I hope you’re doing great. A few minutes ago I have finally released FSKneeboard v1.8, which features quite a few changes and improvements.

The most obvious and most requested one is the addition of the map rotation feature! Yes, you can finally rotate the map manually or set it to face either “north up” or “track up”. That’s pretty cool!

Check the video below to see it in action (and catch some good old Maverick vibes :stuck_out_tongue: )

If you want to check out the new features for yourself, you can try it for FREE => TRY FREE – FSKneeboard. PRO supporters can download the latest update of their version right here: Download FSKneeboard PRO – FSKneeboard.

Other features and changes that come with the latest update include:

There’s also a truckload of improvements “under the hood” that should contribute to some overall performance improvements and better resource management. Plus some bugs were fixed along the way! I hope you enjoy it!

Let me know how you like the update! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to me either here on Facebook or via Discord at https://discord.fskneeboard.com/.

If you haven’t tried FSKneeboard before, please consider yourself invited to give it a shot. The FREE version of the mod is exactly that: FREE, with no strings attached :slight_smile:

And if you happen to love it as much as I (and many of the community members here) do, you may consider supporting the development over at BUY NOW – FSKneeboard - The price you want to pay is your call!

Cheers and fly safe!
Chris

2 Likes