[Verticalsim] - KTPA Tampa International Airport

Hello Lab, do you have any photo references about the issues? I’d more than happy to fix them. :slight_smile:

Hi @Verticalsim ok awesome! Thank you :slight_smile:

I just took a video of some issues that im seeing. Would u like me to DM them?

You can DM me or email at Verticalsim@gmail.com if you would like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like this isn’t available for XBox Marketplace yet and is now only in for PC. Do you know if/when this will be added for us XBox users?

1 Like

Hello Jonny,
Thanks for mentioning this, seems there was another button I was supposed to hit for the XBOX version. It should be releasing this Thursday. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

KTPA SHOULD now be available on the XBOX platform. :slight_smile:
image (6)

2 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this for a while! This is awesome.

Having flown in and out of TPA (as a passenger IRL) I can say that I will be adding it. It’s the best airport in the US. Will be fun to sim it as a pilot.

1 Like

Is this addon going to get any performance optimizations in the future? stutters like crazy!!!

1 Like

What are your settings? What plane are you using?

I need more information. If you’re running Ultra with photogrammetry on, of course you’ll get stutters.
Regards,
Andrew

1 Like

It’s only happening with this Airport. Nowhere else! It’s happening with any plane I load especially by the parking lot.
PG causes stutters yes but nothing like what I experience at ktpa. Removing the airport and it’s back to normal.

I’ll try removing the freeware Tampa landmarks next.

The culprit is the parking deck area. Other parts of the airport no issues

I was looking forward to this when I purchased it for Xbox since I fly in and out of KTPA a good bit in real life. Sadly, nothing but issues! The main issues are it crashes the sim on XBOX, and the aircraft screens go black. Impossible to fly like this. Starting from a cold dark cockpit, everything comes on, and then a minute later, nothing but black screens. PLEASE fix this issue!

1 Like

Are you on Series S or Series X?

I am on Series S

Crash to desktop immediately, tested this on both Xbox’s Series X systems. Both systems crash no matter what plane I use or where I spawn . Can’t even load into the airport to see what it looks like ! Hope you guys look into this as I don’t want to be out 21 dollars .

1 Like

Hello everyone, a new update should be releasing tomorrow that address both

A) Performance (by lowering VRAM usage) and
B) Should hopefully fix the CTD issue on XBOX.
There’s a couple other small little fixes you can read in the update log, but wanted to bring the 2 important ones up first.
Regards,
Vertical

5 Likes

Do we have a new ETA for this update? Thanks!

It’s available now as of Thurs 7/14! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I just bought this scenery today (from Orbx) and I don’t know if it’s the latest version or not, but it’s running great on my 8GB RTX 3070. VRAM - even with JustFlight FSTraffic and GSX running - never exceeded about 7.6GB. I maintained my usual locked 40 FPS in the PMDG 737 throughout a drone cruise all around the airport.

Nice scenery and I look forward to many flights into and out of it.

EDIT: Also, live weather about half an hour ago around the Tampa Bay area was stunning.

2 Likes

TPA gets some really nice sunsets…

1 Like