[Verticalsim] - KTPA Tampa International Airport

[WIP] - According to Verticalsim on Facebook:

I’ve decided to go ahead and move forward full-time working on TPA (Tampa) for Microsoft Flightsimulator. I’m aiming to release slightly before Christmas. Could be earlier, could be after.

12 Likes

Awesome thanks, badly needed scenery.

1 Like

Any update on this scenery?

1 Like

They gave an update 17th December on their FB page that the target for release is currently mid-January

1 Like

It’s available now on Contrail and Simmarket…

Scenery looks good but the first gate I spawned into, A18, the jetway doesn’t reach the AC using the default spawn point or painted ground markings. I didn’t spawn into other spots yet but A16 seems to come up short as well based on the position of AI. Curious if this can be fixed.

They said they’re aware and it will be resolved in the next update (From their discord).

1 Like

A lot / most of the jetways stop short of the aircraft, and at some gates 2 jetways move to the aircraft’s L1 door at the same time, the jetway from the gate you’re at, and the jetway from the gate to your left also comes over, depending on what gate you spawn at. Otherwise the airport is excellent.

Anyone know when the next update is set to be released?

Hello Autopy,

Do you have V1.1? That’s the latest version with jetway fixes.
Regards,
Andrew

I downloaded and tried V1.1 and its definitely better, most jetways reach the plane now. There are still some jetways in Terminal F on the west end that don’t quite reach the plane still. I tested with the PMDG 737-800 and the jetway stopped short by about a foot, and I was parked on the correct marking.

Im having bad performance in KTPA for some reason
i7 8700K 3070ti stutters taxing around and coming in on 19R

Anyone having an issue taking off on rwy 19R? I have tried 4 times and I am hitting a bump in the middle of 19R then I crash. Flying my PMDG 737-700.

1 Like

Thanks for information. I will look into the issue, I think it should be simple to solve.
-Verticalsim

2 Likes

MSFS] KTPA version 1.2.0 is now available on the various marketplaces.

This update features many new things, but a lot of bug fixes. To increase all around quality of the product.

KTPA V1.2.0 Changelog

• Fixed 19R/1L bumps
  • Fixed ground marking resolution
  • Lowered more VRAM usage in non-essential areas
  • Smoothed out ground around the terminal ramp
  • Fixed missing jetway at A3
  • Brand new Jen2 Jetways with airline/gate number placards
  • Fixed train train running though taxiway bridge
  • Lightened dirt mask to reveal concrete more
  • Sharpened up ground markings
  • Fixed airlineCode assignments

2 Likes

Will Verticalsim KTPA become available from the MSFS Marketplace?

V1.2 is great, fixed all the remaining issues. The train does go under the taxiway now and the elevation around the terminals is correct, thanks for your continued improvements!

2 Likes

Hoping it should be there this Thursday release day.

1 Like

Great! Looking forward to it!

For those following the thread, KTPA is now available in the MSFS Marketplace on XBOX & PC.

unnamed311

1 Like

Im noticing elevation issues & have also confirmed no fs defaults installed as an addition. Anyone else?

Specs:
i9 1300K
RTX 4090
64gb DDR5 RAM