Very good performance

Updated to the latest build and done a short flight from EGGW to EIDW in the PMDG 737 on Xbox X. Live online traffic on and need to mention that both airports are 3rd party and heavy on the memory. Flight was flawless with the same smooth run like in the previous update. Also glad that the reverser issue was fixed.

I’ll do a flight from LAS to JFK tomorrow as they are both really heavy on the memory and see how far it came. I’ve flown into JFK for the last time prior to SU14 when I had a CTD on the short final and I’ve stopped using it since then. Tomorrow I’ll be able to tell exactly how good the memory optimisation is on Xbox

P.S. Still disappointed the iniBuilds A320 is still not part of this update.With all these memory optimisations I think we should be able to run it smoothly, unless there’s another reason behind not releasing it yet ( it worked great for me the first time )

We are also pleasantly surprised by how smoothly the 737 runs on the latest Xbox versions.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

6 Likes

Hi Mathjis, glad to see you here

What can I say? PMDG always brought the best quality and now we can see how good the 737 is optimised for the console environment and that is possible thanks to the hard work and dedication you guys have. You’re always focused on quality and not quantity and that’s why the PMDG will be my first option no matter the platform. And also props to the Microsoft/Asobo for their continuous hard work and support for making the sim better

Kind regards,
Andrei Abraham

3 Likes

I can’t wait until you release the sexy beast 777 (PC). I hope it’s a matter of week not month.

1 Like

This is the first positive feedback I read regarding SU15 beta on Xbox. Having a 3rd party aircraft, 3rd party airports AND live traffic enabled at the same time without having black screens🙄

4 Likes

I’m sure it is like that for many users. But you don’t see them heading to the forum to leave any feedback. One thing I need to mention. I didn’t install the Dune expansion and saw a lot of people that experience CTDs even after the second build have the expansion installed. I don’t know if it has an influence but it’s worth trying to uninstall it and try again

It’s so nice to see some positives for the Xbox users. I am seeing so many negative reports of the latest build. I would try it myself, but don’t want to keep going back and forth from beta to public build. I worry I may screw something up entirely and have to reinstall the entire sim!

1 Like

I am finding SU15 beta so good that I have not been tempted to go back to public SU14 even once. If your use of MSFS does not generally include a lot of Live Traffic, you may want to give it a try as it is quite good for most other things, and runs very smoothly for a lot of folk!

I like beta so far, especially in 120hz. Get a few crashes when I try them on purpose usually. Mostly purposely exploiting LOD/views and heavy 3RD party items to send it into a crash. And it still has issues loading multiple flights on the same game boot-that is a LONG time to have this problem of not purging data resolved.

I weeded out some 3rd party stuff that was choking SU14 already. Added a few back that are fine now, particularly Washing DC city with KDCA running(had to dump the city in 14), and Vegas is crazy awesome now, wouldn’t run in 14 either after the Sphere update. Still needs some work with memory leaks(as always) and some LOD adjustments. And still finding some CTD/fussy areas that can’t fathom why they happen.

They really need to add a mid-distance tree modeling of some sort to keep the green managed LOD ‘bubble’ working better and further out, and they are still so insanely large, even all this time later. I’m finding trees play more into the capabilities than one would think, and there’s additional performance hidden in them somewhere. And that would be an effective bulk change.

Extremely surprised that the PMDG 737 functions under Microsoft Flight Simulator, especially so considering it is a product designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Bartholomew T. Wobblebottom III Sr.

1 Like