VFR landmarks (water towers,...)

As of 2023 the default scenery over the world has considerably been improved.
However some really important landmarks when going VFR are still missing such as water towers, radiocommunication towers, nuclear powerplants,…
This seems a bit weird considering we even have big electricity pylons across the fields sometimes.
For now water towers only show as tiny circular buildings and radiocom towers do not appear at all for example.
Some other simulators such as Xplane found a way to solve this problem.
Wouldn’t it be possible to use the same system which identifies churches to adapt it to these types of landmarks ?

Best regards

Try “We Love VFR” from flightsim.to

3 Likes

Possible? Probably.

But in the meantime, take a look at these, they really enhance VFR flights:

2 Likes

sadly being on Xbox does not allow me to access all the incredible content on flightsim.to

Thanks anyway

1 Like

this is exactly what we should have in the default game !

1 Like

That’s a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

How annoying!

1 Like

With the upcoming scenery gateway, coming 202x, hopefully that could put paid to that. Instead of submitted to flightsim.to, you submit to the gateway. Once approved, everyone gets it. That is if it could be used for anything more than hand tweaked airports.

1 Like

Yep, unfortunately from what I read/watched World Hub (Gateway) seems to be airport focused.

1 Like

Yes, moreover it is not yet possible to add custom buildings.
We could use generic water towers, chimneys,… but for now there aren’t any models of that in the game so it would have to be custom buildings

1 Like

It seems that some 3rd party devs just released something like that on the marketplace but it does not take away the fact that it should be in the base game : /

Yesterday I was flying over Saint Nazaire, France, and discovered some chimneys which had been rendered as some appartement buildings.
This makes me believe even more that this feature is possible with the auto gen.

So, the question about this which I submitted for the dev Q&A has not been addressed.
Guess we’ll have to be patient : /

So I just discovered one generated water tower near Bordeaux, France.
Probably one of the devs who wanted to make the area more realistic even if it was not in the photogrametry area

(Btw sorry for the bad quality of the picture, I took a picture of my screen)

1 Like