VFR MAP anomalies

Where does the VFR MAP get it’s information?

Question.
Has anyone else flying GA VFR seen high speed and erratic ‘little white airplanes’ on the VFR MAP?

I’ve just seen my third ‘Foo-fighter’ since the game launched… :thinking:

Judging by the silence, no-one else has seen these bogeys.

Or, some of you are afraid to admit you spotted a UFO on Microsoft Flight Simulator.

There must be another flyer on here who has seen UAPs for real when flying for real ???

Yes I do too.It depends on your sim settings.General Options-Traffic- online real traffic. If you keep Little Nav Graph running in back-ground you will see these airplaine there too .I don’t recall from where these data are imported but it must be an app like flightrada24.

It’s “other aeroplanes” and how they behave depends on whether you’re using AI or live traffic.

AI traffic may behave weirdly occasionally because it’s computer-generated; live traffic less so.

You’ll see them on your panel too, if you have a glass cockpit; you’ll see them on the G1000 in the Cessna and you’ll see them on the screen in the A320. Though only at low zoom levels, I find.

Depending where the information is sourced.
If the info for the screens is directly from ATC, who knows what’s happening. ATC radar sees everything that can reflect a signal.
If the info is filtered to only show contacts with a transponder, it’s a software issue.
Flightradar24 AFAIK, is filtered to take out hang gliders and large model aircraft, as well as some military operations.

I reckon they were ‘Little green men’ and I’m sticking to it, as I’ve seen the real deal :laughing:

Nanu, Nanu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.