VHHH Ghost tile

Please Asobo can you fix this ghastly white overlay that has bugged VHHH airport since release. It continues over the mountain behind. I have a 3rd party payware airport and the white ghosting image causes texture flickering from a distance also.

Thanks

Asobo have basically said all this kind of stuff will be fixed by updated bing data in due course as their satellites work their merry way around the world.

1 Like

Bing data is collected using aircraft flying grid patterns, Jorg mentioned this on release, not satellites, So not sure where you got your information. And I’m not asking for new Bing data. A simple tile replacement to take the white ghosting tile further north so it skips the airport.

1 Like

There is a large list of missing airports, and airports that need corrections. The list is being maintained here on the Forums.

Some are International airports, many have been flawed or missing since launch.

It would be awesome if Asobo assigned this kind of task to a 3rd Party partner to handle. They do have a number of partners helping out with scenery. This would be an easy task for folks on those teams.

Perhaps even skip a World Update and do a massive “Airport Refresh” instead. Get caught up on the Airports that desperately need attention.

Bing data is 99% from satellites, the ariels are for the HQ photogrammetry cities and places of particular interest. How else do you think they can cover nigh on 60,000,000 square miles of land?

Just as i said. Hong Kong is a city. It’s data is grid sourced from flying over it not Bing.

Actually you said they don’t use satellites. Without flying there I can’t say if Hong Kong has best high density photogrammetry or just the run of the mill Bing maps quality which could be up to 7 years old.

Ladies and Gentlemen, good day!

Just a question concering Hong Kong or more precise the island of Lantau north of VHHH airport: It is “broken” into a brigher and a darker green part. First I thought this is related to sceneries of VHHH or the Bhudda statue on the island - but is not. Seems to be a problem with the aerial photo brought in by Bing.

Can this be harmonised for a much better overall look?

Thanks a lot - stay healthy!

Bert

Not so much a bug as it’s the limits of the satellite coverage of the area. That’s indicative that the overheads were taken at different times - hence the straight line - the satellite makes passes across landscapes in “strips,” possibly spanning years. It’s just how things are in terms of terrain satellite photo availability.

As Martial indicated in past Dev Q&As, there are plans to try and get a color grading consistent across the landscapes. But that’s a future state.

Quick question: Did you determine that it is not due to those add-ons by uninstalling them?

Seen several places like that - here’s that last one that jumped out (up?) at me:

Yes Sir, I did… It remains that way with or without.

Even WF Scenery Studio, the developer of VHHH, found the same issue.

Let’s wait for a solution from Asobo…

Thanks - take care all together!

Bert

…that’s clear and understood - hope Asobo will find a solution. Obvious this is nessessary.

Thanks!

Bert

No problem! Best of luck!

Closed as Won’t Fix - need new aerials.