Victoria Falls Scenery

Having spent hundreds of pounds on gigabytes worth of scenery add ons for flight sim I think I can say hand on heart this is the best bit of scenery I’ve yet seen. It really is a work of art and if you don’t know about it you should really give it a look. The animated water falls and rapids are so well done. I’ve really been waiting for someone doing this sort of thing for a while. Too many scenery developers concentrate on cities where as I think its natural wonders which are way more interesting to fly around, in my opinion.

There’s so much to discover and the scenery is deceptively big. Its far more than the Victoria falls. There’s fully animated white water rafters, bungee jumpers, microlight flyers. So much thought has gone into it. It really is a little living breathing world down there.

Its particularly good in VR. A flight down the gorge in a helicopter is one of the best things I’ve done in the sim in VR.

Jeppeson2001 | Victoria Falls Scenery Package - Animated Falls & Rapids, 4 Bush Strips, 30 Helipads for MSFS

19 Likes

Picked it up earlier after reading similar elsewhere. Have spent the evening flying helicopters around the area, very impressive. Hope the developer considers giving Niagra similar treatment… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve downloaded it earlier but not tried yet. Thanks for the screenshots — it does look top drawer! I’ll definitely give it a spin tomorrow.

EDIT: Guess this should go on my best world enhancements mods chart! :slight_smile:

PS: …and there was me recently saying to myself “finally got system stability after trimming my mods profile down, I’m not going to add anything more now”… who am I kidding :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to picking this one up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is this but it’s not as adventurous as this Victoria Payware. Decent though…

1 Like

I was the same. My new years resolution was going to be to stop spending money on scenery add ons that I barely use, particularly airports. It only takes one click to flightsim.to to see my wallet emptying of more money. :rofl:

This one is definitely worth it though. :+1:

1 Like

Just spent a couple of hours around here (in Wilga and Cabri). It’s definitely a great pack. Richly packed with details. Still didn’t see everything but I tried landing each bush strip and in the Willy and bumped into a few of the unmarked helipads (literally bumped into a couple of them lol). It’s definitely more geared towards helicopters as even in the Wilga you go too fast to see a lot of the nice things.

Just a shame that the ground texture resolution is so poor in Africa - kinda blotchy.

2 Likes

Haven’t Asobo said there’s an Africa world update in the works? If so maybe that will improve things.

1 Like

The only slight gripe (complaint would be too strong) is some of the scenery crash boxes around some scenery objects seem a little large. On approaching one helipad at a safe height above a small tree/bush, the sim said I collided with something and that was the end of my flight. :frowning:

Really great scenery though, lots of very nice touches and especially good for us who particularly like flying helicopters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those of you who do not know or missed an e-mail notification there has been an update to the scenery. Now 1.1 - only needed if you have a problem with the falls itself.

Turn off crashes :wink:

1 Like

I would but I also use Neofly which requires them to be on.

I wish someone would do he intl. airport next to the falls. Would love to fly a jet into there and then take a helo to explore the falls

I know that jeppeson2001 has plans to further develop the scenery so maybe he’ll include it. Or do it has a stand alone airport to purchase separately.

2 Likes

This is indeed a great scenery.
I wish he would do the same to the Niagara Falls

1 Like

I have loved the Victoria Falls scenery on the Xbox since I bought it when it first became available through the in-sim marketplace.

However, I have recently noticed the scenery has started floating - is anyone else having this issue? I tried to upload a clip but to no avail - see these screenshots…

That’s just dynamic erosion - worn away all the rock underneath. Very advanced tech!

Sorry for the joke. I too have noticed smaller rock groups floating but not those flatter planes you show. Does they snap back to the ground when you get closer?

Great answer :joy:!

They don’t move at all - if I fly closer to the rocks that are floating, they’re always floating in the same spots.

Very strange that it started doing it suddenly. Maybe since last Sim Update? Or more recently?

Anyway I think this is one @Jeppeson2001 may be able to answer better :wink:

It could well have been the last update - I can’t remember when I last flew the canyon, prior to today. It’s still fun but no one likes a floater!

1 Like