Video: DV20 ridge soaring and landing engine out in southern UK (like a seagull!)

I flew gliders for many years in real life and wanted to put MSFS’s weather system to the test with the plane that is more similar to a glider if the engine is out: the analog Diamond Aircraft DV20.

The result was huge fun and a great engine-out landing!

This is the flight location:

5 Likes

Colour me impressed.
I must try something like that. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

If you have the premium deluxe you can try the Pipistrel for that! It works so good!

3 Likes

Yes I have the Premium Deluxe, I have tried the Pipistrel as well and it’s great! :raised_hands:t2: :raised_hands:t2: :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

I would be happy if the DV20 was flyable again…
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dv20-center-of-gravity-cg-abnormal-nose-down/327040/27

1 Like

Excellent & nice sideslip on landing. There are a couple of motor-glider like aircraft in the sim and I also tried ridge soaring from the virtual Portmoak in Scotland (I used to work there). A decent breeze and slope lift is modelled sufficiently well.
My last attempt was with the Wing42 Bleriot addon aircraft (payware and well worth the 19 euros). The Anzani version only takes off due to the earth’s curvature and trees are mighty obstructions! After a long rumble around local open areas I selected a decent wind and spluttered over to 't Bishop Hill and something unmeasurable in the way of upness became this.

2 Likes