Vintage pilot/copilot avatar presets

This has been coming up in other threads as well, but I think it’s best served as a wishlist item. With all of the Local Legends and Famous Flyers coming out, many of which are from bygone eras, I’d love to see a few presets added to pilot/copilot. Specifically:

• Male and female pilot - open cockpit (warm clothes, leather cap, goggles, etc)
  • Male and female copilot - open cockpit (variation of the above)
  • Male and female pilot and copilot options - closed cockpit (proper era attire)

This would satisfy vintage flyers of both official and third-party addons. I think Asobo providing these avatars would take the burden off of third-party developers to come up with their own avatars for these planes. Some developers are not particularly skilled in modeling humans, after all.

I’m happy to provide examples of what these avatars could look like from photos, but searching “1930s pilot”, “1940s pilot” and so on in Google images provides a wealth of examples.

Excellent point.

Various Qantas uniforms over time …

2 Likes

Pls Asobo do this - we need more avatars! Not guy in baseball cat and thats all!!! :crazy_face:

• WW1 pilot
  • WW2 pilot
  • civil pilot and co pilot from 1950-60 for airliners
  • modern civil pilot and co pilot for airliners
  • modern military pilot

that would be a good start

4 Likes

And, to go with my Xbox gamertag and YouTube persona, a semi-anthromorphic bear cub in leather flying jacket and goggles would be nice.

I also agree there should be more avatars

1 Like

I also miss the possibility to match pilots to the aircraft from different time periods.

Something like: 00/10’s pilots - the pioneers and WWI
20’s - 30’s - 40’s and so on up to modern times.
Including WWII, barnstormers,showpilots, female pioneers of flight(Earhart) and so on.
Also include an astronaut or an SR71 pilot. Useful for the Darkstar!
Maybe the option of mapping your own face to the avatar also.
There’s a market for this, maybe a external developer could do this if Asobo won’t.

Let’s see if FS24 will give us more options with avatars.

Got Friends released some WWII Avatars, which for some reason, they call Avitars. They snap into the official Avatar library and extend it. Their use is limited, but they look indeed quite nice and the price asked (currently $2.49) is certainly right.
EDIT: I spot a free expansion pack on flightsim.to and also a package, that seems independent of the Got Friends addon and even includes a non-binary character…