Vintage throttle quadrant

If you’re into the Big Radial’s P40B or vintage GA like the Cessna Bird Dog. Photos of John Stockwood’s custom painted assembly of the AuthentiKit P40 throttle. The basic throttle is a free download from authentikit.org. Paint optional.

And results of our assembly time poll. TLDR - about 1 hour.

quadrant-survey-dec2021

4 Likes

How cool is that!

2 Likes

Finally a worthy throttle quadrant for the Cloudmaster! (Unfortunately one would need four of these…)

Don’t worry - dual engine quadrants are alpha testing now and 4 engine will follow in a few months

So you mean I can buy this thing?! AWESOME!
Do you plan to make a more modern looking four engine throttle quadrant too, for example for the Airbus A340 and other four engine planes?

A tip: I find it very important to have visible notches or indicators how much thrust on an engine is set.
I love to see exactly how much thrust is set in detailed numbers on the thrust lever so I can write this down and use these thrust settings for difficult and critical phases like stable approach before landing.

You assemble it from a kit in about an hour. 4 engines is not on the list just now but a twin engine for the DC3 and B247D are being worked on. If you don’t want to self-source everything, see a link for where to buy hardware for kit - make sure you scroll down and see options for the plastic parts. P-40B Tomahawk Throttle and Trim Wheels - Simulation Kit Supplies