Virpil collective setup, help request

Hi all,

I have just got myself a pair of Virpil collective and cyclic controls.

Can anyone help with which functions I need to bind to the collective please - they do not come with any mappings and heli setup is a little complex in FS2020 I think.

I have the bas with the throttle axis as well as the collective.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Bookmarked for when I receive mine.
Congrats on getting yours. How long did it take?

1 Like

The collective base was out of stock so i had to wait two weeks, but once it came in the order arrived the next day, extremely well packed and the the quality of the parts is totally amazing, wether it will improve my heli flying or not remains to be seen :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

I recommend that you search youtube first and foremost on how to setup your new hardware with the VPC Configuration Tool. Until this is done, that new hardware is useless.

1 Like

For sure. I’ve seen that advice in every video I’ve watched about Virpil.

Rule #1: Do not connect everything together right away. Connect one device, update the firmware, and use the configuration software. Then unplug it, connect the next piece of gear, and repeat the process.

1 Like

Thanks, done that, its all calibrated and all buttons/axes tested :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

Out of curiosity, which collective grip and which cyclic grip did you choose?

This was my shopping list :slight_smile:

Virpil stuff seems mostly military based but these seemed to fit my needs.

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 10.55.07

Very nice, I’m sure you will love it.

1 Like

Usually the Virpil controls require a firmware flash when you first hook them up. This is done via the Virpil software. Just make sure you have only one Virpil controller connected to your PC (disconnect ALL other Virpils) before you flash - else you run the risk to brick your device…

1 Like

It did, i’ve only done the collective so far but it worked ok