Virtual C-17 Operations Group

Hello!

Recently, we have created a group called the Virtual C-17 Operations Group. This group is for people who are interested in flying C-17s and roleplaying military ops. We are also working with the Virtual Air National Guard to schedule training events and other missions with various fighter wings who need airlift support. We are currently providing support to the 104th FW, and are going to expand services to other wings.

Currently, we have two C-17 AMW’s available, the 97th AMW at Altus AFB, and the 375th AMW at Scott AFB. We are looking to eventually expand and have more regular operations out of other AMW bases but for now, these two are the main bases we are using. We have a TACC (Tactical Airlift and Refueling Command Center that can request missions out of other AMW bases but we don’t have anybody actually running those wings. The 97th AMW is focused on both training and mission support and you can get lots of practice flying, doing tactical climb outs/descents, and assault strip landings. You can also do this in the 375th AMW, but they are more mission oriented and simulate more missions than the 97th AMW.

All in all, we are mostly about getting people together and flying in an environment where we semi-seriously roleplay military style missions/training. We are not too uptight and are looking to have fun while flying! If you are interested or have any questions, please join our Discord server and chat with us in the newcomers tab! I will be glad to answer any questions. We are also not picky with members. If you are new and learning to fly you are more than welcome to join us! As well as more advanced pilots! We are also non-discriminatory and everybody is welcome no matter what your race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religion is.

Here is the link to our Discord server.

2 Likes

Hi, Welcome to the MSFS forum. I noticed it’s your first post ;). Love the C-17. I’m in Australia, and have seen them a bunch of times at airshows. I remember the last Avalon Airshow I was just standing back staring at the tail of a C-17, and was just blown away by the sheer size of it. It looks like a 10 storey building. The tails of the C-17s are the first thing you see when approaching an airshow! My younger sister was in the RAAF and flew in the C-17 a heap of times, including some set up as medivacs.

2 Likes

Thank you! n.n… yeah this was my first post! The C-17 is honestly my favorite plane, I think it looks sleek and nice, and the tactical climb-outs/descents are insane! I saw a video of one doing a climb-out and it looked like it was almost going straight up! I got to watch them fly regularly as a tower controller at Altus AFB. Its fun to replicate these maneuvers in FS2020! While the C-17 is far from finished, its still lots of fun to fly! If you’re interested in flying with us, feel free to pop into our Discord and say hey!

1 Like

@xAshleyChanx I tried to join the Discord, but I can’t post unless I “claim” my account. When I try that, it says my email is already registered.

Hi Tom,

Try using the Discord app, not the online version, and see if that makes a difference. I can see you in the user list on the C-17 Group, so you are in there. Also, you can probably only post in the newcomers section to start with, so try in there first.

Cheers,

1 Like

Where can I learn more about the virtual air national guard