Virtual Reality coming soon?

as you can see in the video, it isnt.

you can move 350°. you cant touch any buttons. hopefully you have a yoke with enough buttons.

dont mean to be the blind idiot here, but i used the rift cv1 on xplane, its imersive but very hard to read the text.

yesterday finaly plugged my quest in and tried, text much clearer but still not perfect… but scaling also seams off, felt like the baron was too small from what i remember of the real one

desperate for a g2 so i can read easiy the text on all the dials without hitting my head on the table

I’m looking forward to seeing in October the VR implementation until then I will wait to buy msfs2020. I hope they implement the simulator for canted hmd wide fov displays too. Please, don’t make us use parallel projections and take advantage of dx12 for vr. Keep pushing and show us what your api can do, Microsoft.

same here. I will be driving mine with the 2080 graphics card

Its not VR without stereoscopic 3d/depth/convergence.
Thats simply a 2d image wrapped around the guys face and tracking which causes terrible eye strain and nausea and also his actual in headset visuals are horrible looking compared to what you see on the 2d capture video.
Image quality diminishes the closer you zoom into the screen to try and feel the presence of immersion.

It only looks good because of the true resolution output screen he recordered. In the headset the visuals were PS1 looking.

Trust me…been tweaking DK2 extended mode,VorpX, Desktop VR, Tridef VR for years.
Its just a crappy experience because not only do you need stereoscopic 3d but also proper fov implementation which actually eats performance along with geometry 3d.

Im seeings tons of videos were “poor mans vr” users are saying …”omg and performance hit wasn’t even that bad”
Well yea…because the fake vr method lacks the 2 main implementations that will half your fps in a normal vr injection application.

Again proper stereoscopic 3d(rendering image twice to overlap) and FOV camera implementation both tax performance.

Also one stereoscopic 3d implementation doean’t fit all in a flight sim because everything doesn’t render in 3d the same.

For example clouds,runway lights and water require separate complex mathematical calculations formulas as opposed to 3d buildings and objects as far as convergence.

Thays why Asobo aimed for medium settings experience with the VR goals. They know exactly the performance stereoscopic 3d and proper fov camera 6 dof tracking will eat.

Geometry 3d is the overall best method but its also the most taxing.
Z Axis Depth 3d doesn’t looks as good but is less performance hungry than g3d.
Alternate Eye Rendering method doesn’t look as good and comes with some visual artifacts but is much less performance hungry.

Hello,

What do you guys think VR will be like? I can do 80 fps max with v-sync disabled , in the 150 in the wilderness, does it mean we will be capped at 40 frame max with reprojection on a Reverb for example, or do you think they have something up their sleeve? I’m just wondering, I’m not super current on my VR knowledge…

HP Reverb G2 is now available for pre-order but so is the Oculus Quest 2 which is cheaper and seems the better buy.
The question is how long before the Oculus is supported.

Don’t bet on that, the Oculus link has compressed video and encoder/decoder latency, encoded and decoded compressed video over usb will never be as crisp and as immediate as raw display port video.

Cv1 outshines rift for responsiveness and tracking quality due to this fact, the perfect thing would be quest 2’s resolution in a cv1 style setup…

I the end I decided that the VR on the head was worth two in the catalog and pre-ordered the HP.

1 Like

i pre ordered the g2 loooooong ago…

the hardest part is waiting…

2 1/2 weeks to go (unless it gets delayed again…)

This will hurt alot of feelings…yet people insist on the Quest being a PCVR replacement because of pixels.:rofl:

Lots of videos comparing image quality hardly makes a difference with streaming or direct input. It’s the same as streaming with Stadia or other streaming services.

Same for me. Unfortunately, as much as I like the graphics and gameplay, I just cannot play a flightsim without the VR component.

2 Likes

The same for me. VR is a totally immersive experience. I can’t go back to a monitor.

Looking for needed hardware specs to run MSFS 2020 w/ HP G2 .

and how many fps? I think that we would need reprojection.

Minimum requirements

Processor: Intel Core i5, i7, Intel Xeon E3-1240 v5, equivalent or better. AMD Ryzen 5 equivalent or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM or more
Video out: DisplayPort 1.3
USB ports: 1x USB 3.0 Type C
Power: USB Type C with power delivery or included power adapter
Operating system: Windows 10 May 2019 update or later
Graphics: DX12 capable graphics

Cards that run Reverb at full resolution:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, NVIDIA GeForce 2080 Ti
    • AMD Radeon RX 5700, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, AMD Radeon 7

Cards that run Reverb at half resolution:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660ti, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    • AMD Radeon RX 580, AMD Radeon RX 5500XT, AMD Radeon RX 590, AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT, AMD Radeon RX Vega56, AMD Radeon RX Vega64

https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-12-13-0-sim-update-2-now-available/

VR is now released, among other improvements! Please use the official discussion to discuss this!