Virtualcol Beechcraft 99A heading, course, frequency dials not working

Virtualcol Beechcraft 99A worked perfectly on initial download then heading, course, and analog frequency dials stopped working. Have deleted and reloaded per instructions from Zendesk to no effect. Have also deleted entire MFS2020 and all content to no effect. Aircaft is essentially useless.

Contact the developer for support.

There is also a pretty long thread about the aircraft. Please use the search function to see if there is already a discussion. :wink:

I think I know what your problem is. It’s…uhhhh…well, the aircraft is junk.

3 Likes

Yup. That too. It’s complete rubbish. Not the real one, just Virtualcol.

1 Like

I’ve run a couple of searches on this forum for the thread you mention. I’m not finding it. Can you point me to it?

Virtualcol Model 99 released - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

That’s just one of them. There are others too. Just search for Virtualcol and they all come up. :wink:

Thanks, that thread was locked, but I just wanted to mention that there was a new update for the Virtualcol Beechcraft 99A today. I don’t know what was updated specifically, and I don’t know how to find out. I took the plane out for a run, but I’m so unfamiliar with it, I wouldn’t know what to look for in terms of improvements, etc.

I am about to fire it up for a flight. Gonna check it out. Improvements are detailed on their website. They are very minor.

Would be interesting to have your thoughts.

1 Like

In cruise right now from Moscow to Minsk.

What can I say that I haven’t already said about this?

The sounds are MUCH better.

The rest is a heap of garbage as usual:

1. Autopilot climbs past assigned altitude. Have to climb back down cause it loses the set altitude
  2. No external power, still.
  3. No range knob on MFD in G1000 cause they don’t know how to make it work. So it’s set to 3 nm range which makes the MFD useless.
  4. Prop Sync is labeled as Engine 2 Hydraulics. That’s now how that works.
  5. Elevator Trim indicator is off - can’t trim nose down no matter what you do.
  6. Fuel gauges don’t correspond to reality. G1000 fuel reads as full at all times, analog gauges read way less than full when tanks ARE full. No idea how much fuel is there at any time
  7. Climbs abysmally - still losing speed at 800 feet per minute VS
  8. ITT and Torque gauges make no sense with power settings.
  9. Can’t read gauges most of the time anyway cause the lighting is ■■■■ and they are tiny.
  10. Interior is still rough looking. That overhead panel gives me cancer.

I mean, what can I say? It’s pure, unadulterated garbage that is unpleasant and annoying to fly. I’d rather fly the default KA350 (and that one is terrible!) Banderante is not great but it’s miles beyond this useless implementation of what may be actually a pretty cool aircraft in real life.

I think what rubs me the wrong way the most is the excuses from these jokesters on their website. When people say they need the range knob on the MFD, they say it’s “impossible” at the moment. What’s are you even talking about??? This is a default G1000!!! For some reason you implemented those weird clear plastic (I THINK that’s what it’s meant to look like) bezels for the G1000 to frame into… But the MFD one is now missing the range knob and instead there is a hole there. It’s the worst attempt to implement even a default avionics package in an aircraft. And the autopilot behaving the way it does? Ah. Screw it. No need to get riled up about this stupidity.

Virtualcol is now working on Embraer airliners for MSFS. Oh joy. I can’t wait to see how they butcher THOSE. They can’t even get a basic turboprop to work. Also… why in the world are you working on a new aircraft already when the one you released is so terrible and is in obvious need of attention???

It’s a real shame. I regretted buying it because I didn’t do my research, so I got what I deserved. Maybe they’ll make it right - I know it’s doubtful, but as you say, the shame of it is that it could have been a very cool plane to have in the collection. That’s really up to them. We’ll see.

1 Like

Yup. I agree with you.