Visible co-pilot in first person view

I wish there was an option to make the co-pilot visible inside the cockpit. It would make the game more immersive for me.

7 Likes

A couple of day ago co-pilot was visible, really, but changing view dissappeared. Maybe they will add it in the future but at the moment i think is not yet visible. :slight_smile:

It happend to me when flying the airbus, take a look :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has happened to me as well!

It gave me quite a turn!
Just imagine animated humans … Aspirations for the future?

3 Likes

If DCS can do it MSFS can do it, plane is empty and looks stupid from inside view. When i add pax as payload i expect to see passengers inside, also where is my co-pilot? She seems to be invisible!

9 Likes

Hello hello!!
Yes it is a shame not to see the passengers as did “GSX Ground Services X” I hope to see this in an update or a third party software … :smirk: :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

:+1: yeah, it looks odd

3 Likes

Fellow pilots
ok i have to ask love everything that we have at the moment ok using a few third party mods love the voice attack, but was wondering if any one knows on a third party co pilot, having some great flights because its called flight simulator not autopilot simulator sorry for the pun, just talking to voice attack and seeing no body in the seat seems spooky, so having someone in the seat would be awsome so any one know on one or even make an avatar that can be seen, have fun and thanks asbro your doing good.

It only works in the LOD1 cockpit for most planes, tho.

Please make this a reality Asobo at full detail. I’ll take the FPS hit to have the option to do it. It would be nice to make it an option in the Cameras T Menu that we could turn on and off enroute, as well as a memorized option in the world flightplan menu

5 Likes

No, that is not an good idea. The co-pilots we have seen in earlier simulators and in that mod mentioned above look awful. No, thanks. I’ll rather fly alone.

2 Likes

So don’t turn it on… ? It would be optional, just like showing pilots are today… and are you saying these pilots look awful? I think they look great!

Then again, I see your call sign :grin:

3 Likes

I like this one! thanks!
But If used with A32NX Version5.0 for A320neo,
only the left wiper is working.
Also, the wiper cannot be operated.

Up!
This totally deserve more votes to be implemented in the core sim.

2 Likes

Great idea, on x-plane it has a first official with a very good quality.

The thing about MSFS20 copilot is that, it’s decently detailed and animated to begin with. If you look at the external cam, you can see both pilots are actually animated. They don’t do anything much, of course. But you can see their heads are always looking to the side, scanning, looking down, then back up.

I don’t think we’re asking for anything much in terms of re-creating or adding new animations. I think it’s enough if we can get the exact same model and animation coming from the external camera, and put it directly to the co-pilot seats. And playing the same animation. There’s no need for now to add new animations. Just use the same one.

We probably only need a higher res-texture. But that’s it, no need for new models, no need for new animations. Use the existing models and animations, place the higher resolutions and let it sit there in the cockpit scanning with their heads and eyes.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about, but, the LOD1 (vs LOD0) cockpit limitation of the current addon that adds this feature I’m pretty sure is a limitation of MSFS, in that, my bet is, that to automatically turn off the manikins, they just make it so they can’t be turned on with LOD0, which is what we normally see when we’re in the cockpit. So, to turn them on, they get loaded with LOD1, which is the LOD that is loaded when you are outside the aircraft, IOW, a quick way of turning them on and off, but it limits the ability to turn them on with LOD0… currently…

I’m not sure of this. Looking at the difference between LOD0 and LOD1 files (kdiff3 or similar) regarding pilots is the addition of the following:

{
     "translation": [
     ],
     "rotation": [
     ],
     "scale": [
     ],
     "name": "PILOT_0"
  },
  {
     "translation": [
     ],
     "rotation": [
     ],
     "scale": [
     ],
     "name": "PILOT_1"
  }

And maybe some entries for the animations.

In other words, they’re adding the pilots in LOD1 because it is the lowest LOD when viewed from outside, and no pilots in LOD0 because it is the only LOD when viewed in cockpit, but there is nothing preventing displaying the same models in LOD0 in my opinion.

1 Like

Cool, that’s great! I was only repeating what the developer said.

update: I’ve been trying another and easier approach which is working the same in the end, but is using the latest models regardless of any future updates:

[TIP] Much better flying with a first officer

An intelligent co-pilot, or even pilot, would be amazing! It would add greatly to immersion. Let’s see this happen ASOBO!

This would be a really fantastic addition! The current co-pilots are detailed enough and animated really well. If it was introduced with a simple toggle it wouldn’t upset anyone who wanted to fly alone either.

I really enjoyed the mods for truck simulator which added a passenger, it was nice to have some company along for the ride. It seems like a wasted opportunity here to have such detailed and well animated models already in the game and forcibly remove them from first person view.

1 Like