Visible pilot in cockpit

Yes this would make such a difference when in VR and enhance the immersion.

1 Like

This is easy to implement by Asobo just need to add pilots in lod00 internal views similar lod01 so please Asobo implement pilots in the cockpit.

1 Like

This is easy to implement, and thereā€™s even mods on flightsim.to that can do it for you.

I wish it was consistent - so that external and internal was the same.

What I really wish for though, is for the weight and balance tab to reflect visually the other people on board. Again itā€™s very easy for Asobo to implement this.

Copilot seats already have PILOT1 on LOD01, this just needs to be put into the LOD00 .gltf
Passengers need also to be loaded - have character models loaded into each seat, then for each empty seat (weight 0) they just need to be hidden / or vice versa.

We would need some passenger models, but they could use the same animations as the existing pilots. Their feet would need to placed down rather than forward to the rudder pedals.

Again this is fairly trivial for Asobo to implement as they have the skeleton animation, a couple of lines of code in each .gltf to place them in the cabin, and some code to show them visible regarding the passenger weight.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve often thought the same. Iā€™d love to see Asobo do this and I would have thought it a really easy and relatively quick thing for them to do. It would be so much more immersive and fun to be able to have passengers on board and have it related to over all weight of the aircraft. We should really put some pressure on Asobo to do this.

Totally agree and again it would be an easy thing for Asobo to do. It would be nice to have the legs animated so when you put left or right pressure on the rudder pedals the your legs move. I know DCS has this and it looks great.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a Wishlist topic that addresses that:

1 Like

I would love to get my wishlist item more attention, but with 13 Votes I think there wont happen anything, if we dont get more upvotes for it, eventhough it has been advertised by Mods several times:

We can just hope Asobo see these posts and look into it. The wish list system is a great idea, very democratic, but people do need to pay attention to them and bother voting. Iā€™m not sure people generally do.

Iā€™m sure if Asobo made this work it would end up being a really popular feature. More popular than some people might think.

1 Like

I spoke with CarenadoĀ“s support and they said they will try to include this in future updates so cross your fingers.
Meanwhile I have could do this with JF-Arrow i:

1 Like

How to get rid from pilot and copilot in C208 cockpit view???
I have tried everything. Is there something to be changed in aircraft.cfg?
Please, help me.
Tks a lot for any advise and help.

You have to edit lod00 file so you will need to install notepad++ in your computer then follow instructions in how to add pilot in cessna 152

For those who are curious on how to do it manually, Iā€™ve done a screen recording tutorial on how to make pilots visible inside the cockpit. The example Iā€™ve shown is using the third-party PMDG aircraft. But the concept and logic are basically the same across all aircraft.