Pilots, passengers, and cargo visible in aircraft according to weight and balance

Has anyone build a mod or something like it, where random people are placed in your plane, according to weights&balances?
This should even work with 3rd party software like FSE or OnAir.

MSFS knows how much lb (until there are kgs) are on a certain seat or the baggage area. With this information you could use a set of persons with weights to their model and place them in the airplane. Same with cargoboxes.
You would need 30-40 different persons and 10 different cargo boxes and then just model them according to W&B. They can be not moving for the first round, but that would add nice immersion to trips, if you play with FSE or OnAir. :slight_smile:

I only fly VR and mostly the TBM930. Unfortunately, you always fly alone in the planes. If I look at the seats behind me in the TBM, they are always empty. Suggestion: How about a few business people, models, nice bunnies :smiley: as passengers so that you don’t feel so alone on longer journeys?

3 Likes

I second that whole heartedly!!

Agreed. Even just adding a co-pilot would be better than nothing. Especially since they already have some of the models, and even the collision detection allowing them to sit in the seats and even wear headsets. When I switch my view to the outside of the plane, I have a copilot sitting next to me, but a half-a-second later when I switch back to the cockpit, the co-pilot has disappeared??

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t need a copilot because I always position my ATC window and VFR map window on the side. A couple of bunnies in the back seat would do :heart_eyes: … and a internet radio for some music :grinning:

There is a mod for the TBM on flightsim.to that adds a VR copilot.
The copilot changes whenever you set a different pilot type in MSFS settings.

It does make a difference to have company up there, even though my copilot seems rather cold and detached. She only looks around aimlessly and never speaks… -:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I actually do the same thing. I put the ATC window right where the co-pilots legs would be. But it would still be nice to have the option.

I like that the view isn’t blocked by people. Music? Just let your programm of choice run in the background.

What you need are friends with their own VR headsets to jump in the passenger seats and come for a flight.

3 Likes

Sometimes I take off (in VR) and switch to AI pilot. I then physically move and sit in the seats at the back and chill! Awesome!

Bringing this back into life.

I’d love for the weight and balance tab to reflect visually the other people on board. It’s very easy for Asobo to implement this.

Copilot seats already have PILOT1 on LOD01, this just needs to be put into the LOD00 .gltf
Passengers need also to be loaded - have character models loaded into each seat, then for each empty seat (weight 0) they just need to be hidden / or vice versa.

We would need some passenger models, but they could use the same animations as the existing pilots. Their feet would need to placed down rather than forward to the rudder pedals.

Again this is fairly trivial for Asobo to implement as they have the skeleton animation, a couple of lines of code in each .gltf to place them in the cabin, and some code to show them visible regarding the passenger weight. Just need some passenger models/skins.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d love to see Asobo give this idea some attention. I’m not sure this topic will get the votes it deserves and to enable it to get on the feedback list but I can guarantee you if it was implemented pretty much everyone who regularly enjoys the sim would appreciate it.

1 Like

Yes! For a sim striving to be as real as possible, It’s really strange that the aircraft flies visually totally empty. We had the co-pilot in some planes right at some stage? In the Piper Arrow 3rd party aircraft there is a setting for co-pilot on or off. It affects the weight but the copilot is never visible anymore. I’ve seen youtube videos of the same plane where the setting actually turns a visual co-pilot on and off.

I’d also like to take the opportunity to emphasise that AT LEAST or as a start, the pilot flying should have a lower body. That means legs and some kind of torso. It’s very strange, especially in VR, to not see your legs. They could easily be animated together with the rudder pedals so that they move. I can accept not having any hands or arms flapping around in the breeze :slight_smile:

This issue can be voted on here Visible pilot in cockpit - #7 by CptLucky8
I don’t know if these issues should be merged or not as they are the same but different :slight_smile:

Have great flights everyone! Blue side up!

1 Like

Especially for those 3rd party aircraft, this is simple for them to do - the same as making the ipad visible or not.

I’m surprised they haven’t lead the charge

1 Like

For aircraft with a Cabin that is visible to the pilot (like the Beechcraft King Air 350i), is there any interest in being able to add AI passengers? My thought is; being able to add either random or specific passengers would certainly add more realism to the flight. Thoughts?

I think there’s enough trouble trying to get AI aircraft to work properly without worrying about their contents :grin:

1 Like

LOL… good point, XR. I hadn’t thought of that because I tend to limit AI aircraft for the reason you’ve just cited. Occasionally, there is a plane that hovers around the airport at Key West, LOL. For realism, working AI aircraft would be nice, as well.

1 Like

Kodiak has passengers.

1 Like

Corpses not passengers. They don’t move. At all

2 Likes

Well, they are just so nervous because we are pilots. Like living dead nervous.

2 Likes