Visual Docking Guidance Systems

Upvoted. We need VDGS implemented!

2 Likes

My vote for VDGS too.

1 Like

Actually, Aerosoft already integrated VDGS to their sceneries now, I dont know how, but I’m interesting into finding it out
 any ideas ?

Well it is based on the marshaller code. But this excludes online flying, because you need to have luck that the default ATC gives you the right gate.
So what we want is, that you can just choose a random gate and the VDGS should work.

2 Likes

Oh ok got it. Thanks a lot for your clear response. We keep fingers crossed for a VDGS SDK soon then.

1 Like

Very strange, such a big community and only 190 votes yet for this basic and absolutely neede implementation
everyone please vote :100: :100:

1 Like

Aerosoft created a VDGS module, will be implemented in the new EBBR Scenery:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71084-aerosoft-airport-brussels-international-for-mfs/&do=findComment&comment=1058536

1 Like

Voted! I really hope this will come. Keep this thread alive!

It makes so much sense for Asobo/MS to implement this. At least, they should add the tools the developers need in the SDK to implement this.

This feature isn’t in Asobo/Microsoft’s development roadmap, yet. See the Top items in the wishlist and you’ll see we’re not mentioned in the top 35 list. This topic needs at least 1,200 votes to become visible!
However, with more exposure to those simmers/gamers who fly the airliners, this will change.
Post this topic on other forums and direct them to vote here!

It’s the individual votes that they look at to decide which feature to implement next.

1 Like

It seems like Scenic Routes has included an automataicly detecting VDGS wich is indidendent from the default ATC. Maybe here is a little hope for us that other developers make it the same way!

And here a Video where you can see it in action:

It would be really useful and immersive, hard to believe this is not implemented yet !

This would be a cool, but at the same time basic feature. Vote!!

+1, would be a really useful equipement.

As many of us looking forward for having it, just a heads up -in case anyone missed it- today an add-on has been released, which includes this feature beside of many cool enhancements. I’ll give it a go during the weekend, I guess.
(This was not intended to be an ad, I just hardly believe we will have a native VDGS in MSFS anytime soon)

I don’t like current renditions for a MSFS2020 VDGS system. The question is simple, there’s no use to be downloading, executing, editing, configuring and installing to get a safe docking in the gate. There is no need for a shortcut key, nor specifying which gate I want to dock to. Just the one I was given by ATC. Installing the airport mod should be enough. And, of course, VDGS or a marshaller included in MSFS SDK, no need to remember if there is an airport from developer A or developer B. Just one accurate, automatic, easy-to-use, right-sized and out-of-the-box VDGS system.
Voted! :wink:

2 Likes

Yes yes yes Voted !