Visual Studio 2022 for WASM development does not work

I installed Visual Studio 2022 and deleted the VS 2019

I get this message when trying to build my WASM in VS2022

|Error|MSB8020|The build tools for MSFS (Platform Toolset = ‘MSFS’) cannot be found. To build using the MSFS build tools, please install MSFS build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting Retarget solution.|myWASM|C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets|436||

The build worked OK in VS 2019.

I reinstall the MSFS SDK and added the Clang Tools, but still this error.

Does the latest VS 2022 not work for WASM development?

We have developers in work who have problems with VS2022 and have reverted to 2019 for the time being. 2022 is very new and not widely adopted yet.

Have you done this : “Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting Retarget” as mentioned in your message ?
BTW the WASM in SDK has been targeted to 2017 or 2019. Not sure if all is correct for 2022. Why suddenly would you build in non standard requirements ?

I installed VS2019 again and now I can use VS2022. Seems that VS2019 install some files that are used by both versions.

2 Likes