VKB Gladiator MSFS 2020 Configuration

I’ve just bought and configured my GLADIATOR NXT EVO ‘SPACE COMBAT EDITION’ joystick with the standard grip. I’m impressed with the quality and operation and didn’t have to pay UK VAT on buying it from Holland since the price was below he £130 VAT threshold.

I’ve enclosed my configuration which some may find useful.

4 Likes

Nice configuration!

It’s a great joystick. I’ve been using one for years without issue. Mine had the original gimbal which was good but had slightly less damping on one end of the x-axis that I was unable to correct. I upgraded to the EVO gimbal, a much improved design that is adjustable, and the problem was solved.

1 Like

Yes indeed, a very, very nice stick.
Great for helicopter use after removing the centering springs, which btw, is purposely designed and very easy to do.
Don’t let the “space combat edition” concern anyone. It’s a multi use, rather than dedicated like the F14 version.

My STEC Throttle mini plus just arrived this week. Only a quick look at it so far, but it did put a smile on my face.

1 Like

Just wait until you talk yourself into a STECS throttle…

1 Like

Oh man, I’ve been thinking about that STECS throttle for a while. Haven’t decided yet, but it looks nice.

Very interesting configuration and a nice picture to remember the settings. How did you generate the image? Is there a template provided by VKB?

I found a diagram template online like the one in the link then used Paint to insert the desired controls.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/vkb-gladiator-and-gnx-controller-templates.618833/

1 Like

The Gladiator is a fantastic stick, easy to use and configure (once you get your head around the software!), and the feel in use is superb.
I used mine for over 1,000 flying hours in MSFS before I moved on to a Gunfighter / MCGU, but the NXT stick still felt and looked exactly the same as the day I got it.

This is a MS Word doc that I use.

Thank you. This is great. Exactly what I was looking for.