VKB Gladiator NXT Elevator and Rudder Issue

Been flying with the Gladiator NXT for a good while now, and recently started experiencing an issue where if I pull back on the stick past half way through it’s range of motion, the cockpit controls and elevator will suddenly pitch down hard. Pushing forward on the stick to intentionally perform a dive works as expected. In control sensitivity settings, the action on all axes is detected correctly. It’s only in game that the control surfaces show this odd behavior.

The yaw axis also seems a bit odd, showing some eradic motion on the rudder when the stick is moved about to the half way point in its range.

Anyone else experience this with this flight stick, or have any ideas??

Hello there,
We ask that all members not use General Discussion for help, troubleshooting, bug reports, or advice questions. Your topic has been moved to Community Support.

The rudder might have a noisy potentiometer (I don’t believe it’s a Hall Effect sensor like pitch and roll axis).

For the pitch, maybe open up the stick and check if the springs are still okay. It’s a user-serviceable part as I recall. You might also want to check in the VKB forums. Lots of very knowledgable folk there.

1 Like

Same stick, no issues.
Check VKB support but it may just need a recalibration.
They are on Discord too.

1 Like

Thanks sorry about that! I have been checking around on VKB as well. So strange that in the sim’s controller settings all motion looks like it’s being registered correctly. It’s only out in the sim I’m seeing this.

Actually traced this back to an issue with my flight stick as well. Pulling back on the stick past halfway through its range actually causes the elevator to go full pitch down!

Guess I don’t have to entirely re-learn how to fly the F-14 after all!

1 Like

Went through resetting and re-calibrating the Gladiator through their config app and got no change there.

Went back into sim settings, blew out and recreated the controls profile for the Gladiator, and that did the trick. All seems normal now.

I didn’t check the bindings prior to redoing the profile, but I suspect there were some conflicts that ended up in there somehow.

1 Like