VKB MK.V rudder pedals

Last piece to complete my “pit” are the ever important rudder pedals. Got my eye on the VKB Mk. V set, but I’m not sold on the up/down movement as opposed to the fore/aft action that seems more proper for a helicopter… I fly the MD 500e exclusively and I was wondering if the 'arms" can be turned 180* to bring them up to a more vertical configuration to more closely emulate this particular helicopter pedal style? Or… am I completely off the mark on this and just deal with them as they are?

The VKB Mk V pedals are fantastic. Unless you plan to try modifying them and screwing them to some kind of frame, your feet will be pressing more down than forward. I think they feel great and are well suited to sim helicopters.

I will be bolting them into my seat framework, yes. I have all my control elements and seat firmly attached to a wood baseplate. I was more or less just wondering if those little turnbuckles had enough extension to bring the pedals more upright. If not, turning the arms around 180* might do the trick? I could even make my own custom arms if I really need to… Or I could just get longer turnbuckles. Electronic stuff inside the unit I will not mess around with, but the structural stuff I can definitely handle modifying.