VOR Navigation Question - Low Altitude Airway

Hi
When I fly the tbm930 low altitude airways
I set my vor 1 and vor2 frequencies
Along with needle centered and I input my flight plan as well and ils
After I fly nav1 or vor1 I go to vor2 and Centre the needle however I see multiple hsi needles and not sure which is which pointed with arrows
Can someone help

You can check,

inside pfd options you can see what nav source you can set to which Nav1/2 indicator, also primary nav source. Each source has different arrow type, if set adf no nav1 and vor2 freq to nav2 you then see one line blue arrow as ndb and double line vor2 direction, also in case of dme equiped source also distance. You can have at one time 3 different navigation sources what is very good.

1 Like

Hi @valentino180120. You inadvertently posted your question in the Wishlist category. I have moved it here to the #self-service:atc-traffic-navaids category where VOR navigation issues should be discussed. I updated your thread title to be more specific to your question and I added some appropriate tags to help with searchability.

Looks like you already have a useful response to help with your issue. Blue skies!

1 Like

hi
can i send you photos
i have one vor 1 set to nav 1
vor 2 set to nav2
ils 05 set to the ils frequency
when i fly vor1 and want to set course for vor2 in course 2 knob, you can’t unless you switch to vor 2 and loose vor1 tracking to radial. am I missing something
i can send you some photo maybe you can help me out, i greatly appreciated

I don’t fully understand what you mean, there is only one HSI and there should only be one CRS selector (to move the HSI) on the respective side, you could display two bearing pointers which simply point towards the station. You can select what those are coupled to NAV (VOR), ADF (NDB) or GPS/FMS, number 1 needle is usually thin while the number 2 needle is thicker. When selecting an ILS frequency it automatically sets the Final Approach Track (FAT) so the CRS selector becomes useless.

Hi no problem to show us screenshots.

As Nintje also described, you can have at one time only one source as primary navigation. You can have to this that other nav sources to be also indicated but as pointers around primary one set.