VR Beta help

@WithyHook34 now that you pointed, it actually was the same for me, 1a.m. local time in Italy. But I have the feeling the email blast with the confirmations and the actual activation are different things, one automated and the other handled manually.

What I don’t understand is why it was required to accept the very same form we have already accepted when signed up for the beta, weeks ago. In fact we agreed already on the NDA so it wasn’t easier to just enable all the receivers of the confirmation email?

Anyway let’s see how it will develop during the day… I just tried again to boot the sim and test the CTRL+TAB without anything happening.

Keep waiting…

Not able to try the Beta VR either. It’s 10:00 am EST in USA. No access to special forum either. Patiently waiting.

2 Likes

I had a good flight yesterday around Vancouver area yesterday getting my joysticks set up. The game was pretty stable to me. How about you all after the hot fix?

I only fly 172 really though

Are you talking about VR or are you in the wrong thread?

Bad Ivan…bad.

No just a flight on a big screen in wmr home.

Autopilot followed gps i was able to adjust VS. I was able to enter a procedure for CYXX abbotsford. The gps doesn’t have all the procedures though. Vancouver ils looked about right, there were quite a few alternatives.

Performance was good too.

I had the same update yesterday and nothing.

That was just a hotfix for some CTD, v1.10.8.0

Yeah, 1102 EST USA, no joy yet. I just gave it a shot. This whole email and VR update / launch isn’t going so well, but no biggie. We shall be in VR Beta shortly.

At the very least the email is confusing and no follow up was put out…

MY poor mans VR flight last night from MMNG-MHTG.
No edit, just upload in case anyone else is bored =)

Great post on video settings I found. Should be helpful for testing. [HOW-TO] Graphics Settings and Performance Guide (10/29/2020)

Is it possible to have full 6dof head tracking with poor man’s vr, for me I can look up down left and right but if I move my head around the camera stays in the same place.

You using Vorpx?

I get that same thing if the equipment and software fails to launch properly. There are the two VR environments - the Steam VR “house” and the WMR “house”. If you don’t get both of those on launch, the problem you describes occurs. If you get both environments, the problem doesn’t occur, in my experience.

Im using virtual desktop and opentrack

1 Like

I’ve tried it and it made me nauseous because there is no depth without stereoscopic 3d. So its like being too close in front of a virtual 2d screen and also the more I zoomed in to try and make an immersive like fov the image quality diminished.

I haven’t tried the new sim since release as I have zero desire to fly on a 2d monitor I droned around places imagining how cool they are gonna be in VR then got bored and uninstalled the sim.

Shoot besides the wonky twitchy controls of flying the aircraft im just looking forward to droning around in VR’s awesome stereoscopic 3d in full scale.
There is this skyscraper I plan on just sitting on top of in Rio Brazil just to admire the view and feeling of being inside of the sim.
The feeling of presence sitting back enjoying views like this in VR.

image image image

1 Like

Those of you in the beta will start being whitelisted later today. Please remember that you are under an NDA. For this reason I will be closing this topic.

Please do not discuss your participation in the beta outside of the special beta forums that will open soon.

If you believe you are in the beta but cannot see the forums in 24-48 hours, reach out to Zendesk.

Enjoy the beta.

5 Likes