VR Beta. Still no information!? What's going on?

I think some words to us would be nice. Even if there is a delay!

2 Likes

I have been “going round and round” with the “Support” team. They just keep telling me to log in to here… And I have…and I have already been accepted to the beta…but that is it. No instructions on how to get it. They just keep sending me to the ■■■■ Beta Sign-up. Ridiculous. Handled extremely poorly.

1 Like

Strange. The developers are talking so proud about the VR development and now they seem to not really take care about the beta or the beta team. That’s kinda sad and I don’t understand why it is so hard to stay even a little bit in contact with their customers and beta testers.

1 Like

Hi!
Please read the last message on this thread:

I also agree that its a weird way of handling things though!

I got a reply from Zendesk and was told that it is a rolling release. So, I guess we are in a queue and have to wait to be accepted into the beta and forum. I had to check the box for term of the NDA again. So, now just waiting.

1 Like

That post was apparently about the “poor man’s” VR, that some clever peep had put together, and not the VR beta

2 Likes

I wouldnt say so, the Mod was talking about the NDA, which wouldnt apply if it was only about the free already available work around. He was talking about the VR Beta.

No, if you read above his reply it was a focus on the poor man VR and how he is sitting in front of the 2D screen which is exactly what poor-man implements. In any case I hope this is not as some 2D screen for their version of VR. This is WMR we are talking about.

You must have misunderstood what i meant.
I mean this message which can be seen at the bottom of the thread:

Edit: I hope its clear that i didnt mean for any of this to sound mean in any way. I just wanted to inform on what i saw in the forum :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ah, gotcha and no worries.

1 Like

I wrote the mod as I don’t think the thread shutdown was appropriate. Support (Zendesk) is literally telling people to come here and discuss. Well the Close VR beta forums, which do not exist. My dealings with Zendesk have been extremely frustrating and then having a mod tell me to take it up with them incites complete RAGE with this. They are going to kill this sim before it even gets started treating people like this. People who are passionate about their work and want to help make it the best it can be…for ZERO pay no less. Show some gratitude.

4 Likes

I agree with the part that i am confused on what happend today, then again, i can imagine the struggles of releasing something like this without issues. I just hope it hits soon so that i can fly in vr!
Sorry for your experience though.

2 Likes

Those who have been accepted into the first Wave (WMR users) got an email on Friday. Today, they are working on whitelisting the accepted users into the build and after that they will be added to the VR forums.

4 Likes

If i read the timezones correctly i think i got mine on friday, haha!
Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I agree on that closing the threads doesn’t help! I’ve been checking every hour to see if either have access to the forums or if the VR mode works already

2 Likes

Well the thread got out of hand in my opinion. We got our answer now, time to be excited again :grin:

I’ve also confirmed that a second email will come after they have been whitelisted!

8 Likes

Ah lovely. Back to refreshing gmail!

1 Like

Forgive me as I believe this may have been covered in the email, but I just want to double check, will I require the Insider hub, or will it work with our current install? Looking forward to trying it out.

2 Likes

I got the email on Friday. And I think the frustration comes from that email and the confusion within. So, scold us if you want…but LEARN from this exchange and better yourself. The beta testers were not at fault here. It would have taken what… 10 seconds to write your post IN that email so we know what is going on?

2 Likes