Vr Bug throttle changing using Icon A5

Hi

Using the Icon A5 plane there seems to be a problem in VR mode where the Power Lever keeps going full throttle when flying, very annoying not sure why yet?. I have just tried the Searey Elite plane this does the same thing you can set them both to min throttle, but after around 20 sec it goes to Max

The plane seems much smaller in V R L.O.L

And yes it makes me feel a bit dizzy ,but OK if you make turns slowly

I read a review that turn’s a lot of M.S.F.S rendering settings off, so I followed that and it run’s fairly smoothly

I found out I could add a new board to boot M.S.F.S from within the Quest Main Boot Screen this however disappears when M.S.F.S is closed down so not a lot of use.

I also noticed if you disconnect the Quest link whilst in VR mode the screen goes haywire

My review of the Quest 2 headset to help setting up M.S.F.S

First off all Quest 2 is a great bit of kit and it takes you to a new world of gaming, however there are quite a few learning curves to go through so here is a bit of help

You can connect this to a PC using a link cable or WIFI. the cable connection works fine, however the WIFI 2.4 gig and the 5 g can cause issues. it’s very dependent on the amount of traffic and channel interference you get with your WIFI

Something to bear in mind hear is that when you buy games - Apps from the QUEST store there are PC and headset versions, so if you buy a game whilst connected to your PC, it may not be available to use on your headset

Just using the headset is working fine with software from the Quest store and in general it also works whilst using the cable connection, however there are other options like running VR with Steam or VR with your PC programs like M.SF.S these can cause you problems . I’ve got M.S.F.S working but have reduced a lot of the M.S.F.S settings to get it to work WIFI was hopeless, so I use the cable link. Steam is a bit iffy I’m still looking into that

If you want to use your PC you need additional software, but be careful here,

a. Oculas A PC app , you need this to install and run the PC Headset games, don’t get confused with normal PC games, you use this App to set up your Oculas account password and Devices etc, I believe there is a Mobile version of this as well

b.Steam VR you possibly need this to run VR games from Steam if Oculas doesn’t work , Don’t install this if not needed.

c. OpenXR from Microsoft, I installed this as it was asked for

d. Virtual Desktop Streamer, if you want to run your VR PC games, be aware that this ask’s you to uninstall software that my conflict like, Malware Bytes, I’ve ignored this one, I’m not leaving my PC unprotected

We’ve moved your topic into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Hi
This is clearly as issue with M.S.F.S - Quest 2 when in VR mode using the ICON A5 plane
You can’t fly, if you can’t control the throttle
It’s a bug that is repeatable every time it’s not random

Boot M.S.F.S on the PC
Boot up the Quest2 headset,
Connect the Quest2 using a cable to the PC
Activate the link using the Oculas PC software
Set M.S.F.S to VR mode via the quest 2 headset
Choose the Icon A5 plane
Take off
Put the throttle to MInimum
After around 10 - 20 sec it goes full throttle every time

Here is the Answer I found this that was opposite to what I was getting

NeoKingRthurCo-pilot

Nov '22

Let’s do a bit of a troubleshooting process. In your control options, create a brand-new profile that’s blank (nothing bound) for every single hardware that you have on the list and make sure they’re all assigned to have this blank profile active. This will make sure the sim doesn’t receive anything from the hardware.

Then for your throttle, with a blank profile, just bind throttle lever to the throttle axis. If you have a twin throttle lever, you assign the left one to Throttle 1 Axis, and the Right one to Throttle 2 Axis. Otherwise, if you only have a single throttle lever, just bind it to the Throttle Axis command.

Once you do, just test the lever by moving it. You should see the white bar moving. When you place the throttle in a certain position and lift your hands. Check to see if the white bar stays and doesn’t move. If it stays, then you’re good.

Now, you can start a flight with the aircraft of your choosing. Inside the cockpit, without doing anything, try to move your throttle lever and look in the cockpit. Does the throttle also move accordingly? Then same as before, place your throttle in a certain position, and watch the throttle inside the cockpit. If it stays, then you’re good to go.

If you’re already seeing the throttles drift the first time even after you completely done the whole process above, then the conclusion is your hardware issue, because we already eliminated any other potential possibilities.

If everything is all good, all you need to do is to manually bind the other controls one by one. This is the only way to “make sure” that you don’t have conflicting blinds. Because to be honest, as humans it’s easy for us to miss something. Where we can be sure that there’s no conflict, in reality, there could be a conflict somewhere that we missed. So doing the troubleshooting steps above is a more scientific approach to find an issue and resolve the problem through the process of elimination.

So I looked at my x52 pro throttle control and it was set at full

OK so let’s disconnect the USB x52 throttle and x52 flight controller joystick and try again just leaving the Keyboard and Mouse controls. All is now working I can fly and adjust the Throttle in VR land, so it looks like the x52 flight controllers is overriding the VR controls after 10 - 30 odd seconds. Well ill just disconnect them for now, but I will see if I can set up like advised above x52 with nothing bound to the x52

Update 1
In the control options menu I deleted all the profiles and left everything at default. I set the x52 to 50% throttle and set VR to on selected the Icon a5 and took off so in x52 in default the same happens after 10-30 seconds the throttle now went to 50% so the x52 is overriding the VR setting, Ill now try a new profile for the x52 with nothing in

Update 2
Well all is now good
I have made a new profile for the x52 with nothing bound at all
I called it x52 VR
The Keyboard, Mouse and Pad that i have connected to the PC are all set to default
The VR left and right are now showing once VR mode is enabled and is set to default

Glad to see my tips is useful for troubleshooting your process. Just to clarify though, when you’re on VR mode, do you use the x52 for your flight controls? I’m just trying to understand why you have it connected to your PC if you’re using your VR controllers.

Otherwise, why not do the opposite? If you use the x52 while in VR mode, you can just set a blank profile for your VR controllers, so you’re using the x52 with their default/custom profile.

Either way, I hope you understand that it’s not a bug. It’s just a matter of making sure the sim only receiving contol binding commands from one hardware at a time, don’t have multiple hardware feeding the sim with the same control commands.

Golden rule is:
You can bind one hardware control into multiple commands. But don’t bind multiple hardware controls into a single command.

Hi
I have used the x52 flight controls in M.S.F.S up to now, I did use a yoke and foot pedals to start with, I have only recently purchased the quest 2 and wanted to try it out with flight sim and other programs.

I wasn’t using the x52 controls when using VR because I can’t see them L.O.L

Removing the x52 controllers just leaving the Keyboard and mouse confirmed the x52 controllers were causing the issue

I deleted all profiles and just used the default ones to ensure there were no binding issues, I confirmed that with the x52 in default mode. the throttle still has an issue in VR, it looks like it sets the throttle to what the x52 throttle is at after a time delay , I still think that’s a bug

I followed your advise thank you, much appreciated, I deleted the x52 controller bindings entirely and all is well. you could just unplug the usb cable on the x52 as well

It would be nice if you could export all the bindings highlighting the ones that conflict so you can see them all.

ps Regarding the Quest 2 headset screen going wonky, when you want to stop playing M.S.F.S whilst in VR mode there doesn’t seem to be a way to exit, so I used disconnect link or reboot the Quest 2 this however makes the quest screen go wonky, it also sets M.S.F.S to PC mode.

Thank you again for your help