VR CTD without event log when pressing buttons

This is for those who may be experiencing random CTDs while in VR:

1. pressing buttons (like AP buttons and for AS CRJ mainly the APU buttons) resulting in CTD only in VR mode
  2. nothing in the event viewer
  3. pressing buttons didn’t always end up in CTD, like playing Russian roulette

Fix was to display MFS in full screen mode (alt-enter) in VR mode…

For some reason in windowed mode, it would tend to CTD when buttons are pressed, drove me crazy.

Setup:
i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 2T m.2 | Win10 | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR |
gfx driver: old to new, no difference
hags: no difference

Otherwise performance was excellent at very high settings.

Lifesaver!!! This was driving me crazy….thanks!

1 Like

I struggled with this for soo long. Full screen was the fix

FringedChimp823 what graphic driver are you using?

Nvidia 457.30 will run P3Dv5 & MSFS2020 and is rock solid stable in VR Mode.

If I’m not in VR Mode, I can run the 496.49 and any others with no problem. The minute I switch to VR mode and put on my Oculus Rift S Headset, all heck breaks loose and it’s a different story. I have tried many times to update my NVDIA driver beyond 457.30 for VR with no luck. With 496.49, I get massive stutters, tears, and the black stencil closing in from all sides as I turn my head left and right . When I try to exit VR in MSFS2020- screen freeze followed by CTD.

If anyone has a fix for this, I’m all ears. Otherwise I’ll be w/ ole 457.30.

Thanks

Oh and I don’t understand all that tech talk (DDU, Direct X, DCH) jargon and its impact on my rig to run
smooth with 496.49 in VR mode. Plus I’m not sure if I should be posting this issue elsewhere. I’m needing help with just VR mode.

Intel 10850k/RTX3080/WIN10 Fully updated/49" 4k Curved UHDTV @3840x2160 + 24" monitor @1920x1200

seems ctd without event log while in vr mode is related to the aircraft model. only find issue on addons that use WASM coding (crj, pmdg737, maddog, fenix320).

fix is still to run it in full screen mode on the monitor (alt-enter) so not a big deal.