VR Flickering Issues After Updates

I was just going to mention that I am only getting this in MSFS environment! my occulus 2 does not flicker in the windows environment at all. might have to put the MSFS 2020 aside for a while till they fix this problem Can’t even adjust my altimeter as it throws my pointer all over the place.

Part of me thinks It’s MF related. But then how come it was ok on v25 oculus firmware and broke on v26. What ever the cause, it needs to be addressed ASAP as these work around a should not be happening.

Michalopole818 posted instructions on how to downgrade Oculus to v24 and prevent future automatic updates. This workaround works for me.

Check out his comment here:

And instructions here:

1 Like

BTW, if you’d like to record what you see in VR use Oculus Mirror :wink:

I put in a support request to Oculus support and so far they haven’t got back to me yet.

RedShouldr5, thanks for the tip but personally, I think it’s on the part of Oculus and MSFS2020 to work out the solutions. I’m hoping the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 team is aware of this. I noticed also when I switch to outside camera, the entire plane is jumping (blipping) but not the world around it. It’s very annoying and unplayable and I hope MSFS2020 and Oculus can work the bug out.

TexanBloke, yeah, I wish it was Oculus Mirror by default but I just wanted to do a quick video to point out the problem. A regular presentation would be using the Oculus Mirror. Thanks for the tip.

I spoke to Oculus 2 days ago 04/04/21, and they said it was not aware of the flashing issue for us oculus users, hence they told me they will address it asap and eave it with them, maybe thats why they launched v27 beta which addressed the issue. At least they are now aware and hopefully, this is the end of the flashing and flickering…

Excellent News. Oculus has fixed the bug! Go to Beta and turn the Public Test Channel on. Oculus will update to version 27.0.0.27.507 (27.0.0.27.507). A couple of drivers will also install. I flew a flight in Italy over hilly terrain and rainy (real world) weather and I had none, no not one, blip!!! Even version 25 had 5 or so in a 1/2 hour flight. This flight was an hour and nine minutes long and I can tell you, there was not one blip! It also ran very smooth! So happy they fixed it!

Yeah I tested v27 beta, and as you say the new version is fixed, like @michalopole818 says, they could have even reverted back to v24 and called it v27 beta.

I had a response from Oculus passing the blame saying its not Oculus issues, its other Steam or MF thats needs to sort this error out, but its funny dont you think thats v27 beta fixed the flashes…

1 Like

It fixed the flashed for me. With version 27, so far, I have not experienced one flash. Not one.

Hey, what excellent news!

And holy ■■■■, SheuHo73, are you really speaking to us from the future? :wink:

Edit: LOL, they actually censor the word that looks like carp. I didn’t think my language was so offensive.

haha! If I was from the future I be a millionaire by now, I’d be putting all the corrects bets on…

It’s not MSFS, it’s Oculus. I uninstalled Oculus, reinstalled it with newest version, and the blipping went away. I think when we get the Oculus updates, they don’t incorperate very well. I even have the beta turned on, and only get a “blip” once in a while.

I tried my VIVO PRO this morning, I also was suffering from the flickering. But the VR was running good on january. I don’t know why !

Same problem for one week with Pimax 5k. Flickering and white flashes. game unplayable at the moment

I use PIMAX 5+ with steam VR.
I noticed significant flickering when I try to super sample my VR too high.

If I keep my pimax super sampling to 1.0
I raise my msfs 2020 to no more than 130

Then my flickering either goes away completely or just flickers occasionally.

It works the same way when I raise my pimax super sampling to 1.5
And leave my msfs 2020 to 100

Has anyone else noticed that the multiplayer nameplates/labels are far more difficult to read than they used to be?

For me, they appear to be very blurry and none of the VR graphics options appear to make them any clearer. I know for a fact that they were far more readable in February, but I cannot nail down whether it was an MSFS update or an Oculus one that caused it. As I always fly in multiplayer, I am reasonably sure that it can’t have been like this for very long, as I would have noticed.

I have a CV1 by the way.

As we cannot roll back MSFS, I’ll drop my Oculus drivers back to v24 and see if it is one of the later versions that has caused it.

I have contacted Oculus support and have sent them a video as proof… see below:-

MichaelG (Oculus Support) 

Mar 12, 2021, 10:07 PST
Hello Alan,

Thank you for contacting Oculus Support.

We apologize for the late reply.

I understand you are experiencing glitching when playing MSFS2020. I’ll be more than happy to help.

So that we can get a better understanding of what you are experiencing, I would like to request a short video of the issue.

To take a video to display what you experience in the headset, you will need to cover the proximity sensor between the lenses to allow the headset to power on the same as when it is being used.

Be sure to turn off the flash and use appropriate lighting for a clear video.

If the file size is too large, please upload the video to YouTube or Dropbox with the video set to public so that we can have access to view it.

Once we review the issue more thoroughly, we will get back to you with further troubleshooting or options available to you.

We look forward to your reply.

All the best,
Michael
Oculus Support | Facebook Reality Labs

I will let others know if I get it resolved

I can’t get the headset to update to the beta version. I enable the public channel in the oculus PC app, it updates, and restarts the app. But on the headset it says version 26 still and the update button is greyed out. Now if I try to play flight simulator, the oculus link will crash.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks.