VR Hand Controller demo

I had been using mbucchia’s OpenXR Toolkit Hand Controller setup and a Leap Motion on and off the past few months with a lot of aggravation, but with the help of another user and some updates to the Toolkit that he just released, its finally showing a whole lot of promise. For those who might be trying to push their cockpit interactions, you might find this quick 3 minute walkthrough useful. So very happy today to have this working in a more reliable way. If you are looking to set something like this up, links are in the description.

5 Likes

Wow amazing big up! This is what we all need…looks like really great progress. Is any leap motion good or are there multiple versions? I see a lot of second hand one’s for reasonable prices…

I am using the lowest tier of Leap Motion which cost me like $100. The hand tracking is accurate. I still need to do some flights where I use it heavily but after a lot of aggravation the past months, this was a big step. I’d say if you have the money, it’s fun to play around with but if you’re on a budget, there may be better places for the dough. It’s my 3rd tier after my Hotas and after my mouse, so I’m not ■■■■ out of luck if it’s giving me grief. It’s a nice to have. I’ll post more updates after I get a few long flights in. Feel free to message me if you do go down this road and hit issues.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, really cool this is the future.