VR issues? - Pimax

Thank you all! I have summarized all possible solutions in the first post.

Best regards

1 Like

Here I am with a lowly Pimax 4K (!) , complete with some LCD burn spots from leaving it in direct sun by accident. It pretty clear still, though! Thought might as well try it out. It does work but the 1080ti struggles a bit. Its 60Hz refresh + 25fps with low setting makes it a short ride but it was worth a try.

Please fix , Vive pro and index keeps going black while playing then I must to restart the game and steam vr enable to work again (but it consistently going to black after 5 min or so)

I fixed the issue of the image being 90 degree askew by running room setup from pitool. However I am only seeing the image in the form of a screen in front of me and do not have 6dof. It’s as if vr was not fully detected or my lighthouses are not connected. They are though, and all.my other games work correctly

I remapped the VR Recenter key to my Yoko and that works perfectly now. Love the wide field of view the Pimax gives you :ok_hand:

I just have to launch the game from a shortcut on my desktop and switch in to VR Mode and it works perfectly. I don’t need to launch or do anything else

My issue is the same. After you done room setup in pitools, switch to standing mode in steamvr room setup. My 8KX issues are gone.
When I switched back to room scale mode, I get out from virtual space to black box in MSFS VR. Exacty as you mentioned.
Try that!!

I also have the Pimax 4k but it doesn’t work. Which pitool do you have installed and how do you proceed to start it?

I used PiToolSetup_1.0.2.087_v2 , it gave an error at the end of the install ation about needing another pitool version installed but it runs as it is ok. I ran the ‘room setup’ from the pitool as others have said its was needed. Before I did that, MSFS would go into VR mode but the screens were messed up in the headset. I also have AA off in the sim, the screens at native resolution are plenty sharp for me. Having said that, I don’t really use VR mode, its really not smooth experience for me yet and I don’t have much time to tweak it. I think in a few more update cycles, it will be much better.

Thank you ogu1271 for your time and effort.
Now it works. I reinstalled Steam and then it went after some trouble. First I installed PiToolSetup_1.0.2.087_v2. But then I only had a black screen. Restarted 20 times. Always black screen. Then I installed PiPlay_Setup_2.0.7.54_setup and after turning it off and on again 10 times I finally no longer had a blackscreen and the MFS2020 could be started and runs well with moderate graphics :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am running MSFS 2020 on a PIMAX 5K-XR having a GTX1080 and i7-7700. I manage to get more or less 20-25fps by:
In Pitool:-

• Increasing render to 1.25 in PiToo,
  • Frequency at 64hz hoping to enable smarts smoothing but not convince to reach the 32fps required.
  • Correction of color (same for all game) Contrast (R3 G2 B2) Brightness (R-2 G0 B1)
  • Brightness at -2
  • No parralele projection (it is too costly) I ahve o accept the objects popping in and out on side
    In Steam VR:
  • Supersampling between 76 to 80% to reach 2272px vertical
    In Flight Simulator:
  • I keep the render at 100%
  • reduce the details for clouds, ambient occlusion, reflections being all very costly

I do not see any difference in the way I start the game and SteamVR, (Steam VR, PI tools or even through GE force experience).

Overall, the experience is really great…considering I start sim flying with FS 5.1 on a 486DX4-100 and a soundblaster16 (3D cards was at R&D stage at this time)

Have fun.

this worked for me with same issue

i have the same issue with the ghosting and its the same in xplane 11 , if i “alt and tab” it stops. basically when the window isnt selected
going to try to disable smart smoothing but im not going to hold my breath. any info on this fix would be great, i know there are a few with the same issue. Tia

no , not motion blur, i have the same in xplane 11 at the same time

Turn off „Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling“ in Windows 10.
After that the game run normal in VR when in focus or not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.