VR Kneeboard now available

Hey fellow VR Pilots.

Just wanted to check in and let you guys know that FSKneeboard has been updated to v1.2.0 recently.

The latest release contains a major feature update and includes:

• an all new autosave feature to recover and continue your flights from system instabilities and Flight Simulator crashes (*)
  • dynamic resolution scaling and stretching for users with high-resolution monitors (which is very important for a good VR experience, see below-linked video 4:14)
  • a helicopter icon for you chopper pilots out there
  • automatic update checker
  • and much more…

If that sounds interesting to you, please consider yourselves invited to check out the feature showcase video on my YouTube account:

As always, you can download the latest version for FREE from my GitHub at Releases · Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr · GitHub or “go PRO” and support the ongoing development of the mod by visiting BUY NOW – FSKneeboard

Cheers and always three greens,

Chris

P.S.: Thanks to all of you guys who are already supporting my work! Your feedback has been incredible; be it suggestions for improvement or simply encouraging and kind words! You guys rock!!!

3 Likes

It’s a very good tool, but I find that it can’t be used with multiple toolbars, such as bushtalk, simbrief panel, ebag, fsmp, etc. can I find a way to fix the compatibility problem, so that I don’t have to trade around

2 Likes

Hey @SolidSheep11289 - This was just fixed with a hotfix in Version 1.2.1. You can download it here: Releases · Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr · GitHub

Just make sure to remove all previous versions of FSKneeboard. The server AND (in this case even more important) the ingame panel from your community folder. Then install the new version. I tried it with bushtalk and it works like a charm :slight_smile:

Cheers and happy landings,
Chris

1 Like

Hey guys! Just reaching out to let you know that I have just released FSKneeboard v1.3.0.

I’m super excited to be rolling out a bunch of new features and getting them into your hands!

The latest changes include…

EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES:

• added a configurable hotkey to toggle the ingame panel’s visibility from your keyboard and HOTAS (requires mapping of keyboard macros to your HOTAS buttons)

MAJOR CHANGES:

• added access Flight Simulator’s ingame flightplan from FSKneeboard and load it onto your kneeboard’s map (*)

• added autoremoval for waypoints (except the last one) when getting within an 0.5 NM range (*)

• added a wind direction and velocity indicator

MINOR CHANGES:

• improved overview, performance and stability of the waypoints feature by disabling visibility of info-flags of individual waypoints (except the last one) by default. Individual info-flags can be toggled by clicking on the particular waypoint.

• added option --quietshutdown to prevent FSKneeboard from showing a Press ENTER to continue... prompt after disconnecting from MSFS

• added link to the FSKneeboard Discord server (https://discord.fskneeboard.com) to the server’s startup message

Get it here:

FREE version: https://github.com/Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr/releases/tag/1.3.0

PRO version: https://fskneeboard.com/download-latest

Cheers and happy landings,

Chris

1 Like

Great…the ability to load a flight plan is a welcome addition!

1 Like

Following this post

1 Like

I bought the Pro version of this FSkneeboard and it’s fantastic. Very well designed and easy to use in VR. Thank you to the developer.

1 Like

Thanks for your support, @tempestornado23 ! Glad to hear that you enjoy the mod :partying_face: Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, preferably via email or, better yet, by joining our community discord! Looking forward to hearing from you :slight_smile: Cheers, chris

Great news!! The Kneeboard is now updated to version 2.8

Also enjoy the new homepage:
https://gsimulations.com/

hello

is it possible to import a flightplan .PLN (or other format) on the map of FSKNEEBOARD Pro? (for realistic VFR flight with hidden plane)

1 Like

Hi @BenjVV7863 ! Good question. Yes, that is possible! What you want to do is load or crate a flightplan on the world-map menu of MSFS and then start the flight. Once in the cockpit, open the FSKneeboard panel and hit the load-flightplan-icon in the bottom left corner of the panel (the little cloud-icon). That will load the active flightplan into MSFS and your all set :slight_smile:

(You can learn more about the feature in the readme right here => GitHub - Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr: FSKneeboard (formerly known as "VFR Map For VR") adds a helpful ingame panel to your flight simulator which brings several different maps, waypoints and tracks, a charts viewer, and a notepad right into your Flight Simulator cockpit! This is is especially helpful for those of us who like to fly in VR.)

1 Like

Thanks, it’s working, so great :star_struck:
i’d like to be able to write (like the notepad) but ON the chart, to complete the navlog during VFR flight like for example IRL :innocent:
it should be nice to have a map scale on the map. 1:250.000 1:500.000 etc just to have a reference even if it s not a true scale.

if you need ideas to improve your great software :grin:

Hi, being a bit of a PC noob, thought I’d give this a try but I can’t find it anywhere in my menu when about to start a flight…how do you set it up ? I’ve put the zipped files in my community folder ( is that correct ) ? Running something called exe. in the background but to no avail…this is my first ever PC so not sure what to do actually

Hi @NeilPearlJam . Sorry for my late response. I’ve been on vacation recently… You need to make sure that the folder christian1984-ingamepanel-fskneeboard resides directly inside your community folder, as describes here: GitHub - Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr: FSKneeboard (formerly known as "VFR Map For VR") adds a helpful ingame panel to your flight simulator which brings several different maps, waypoints and tracks, a charts viewer, and a notepad right into your Flight Simulator cockpit! This is is especially helpful for those of us who like to fly in VR. - If you need further instructions and a little “hand-holding”, please reach out to me via Discord. The official MSFS forums are probably not the best place to provide 1-on-1 tech support for a third party product :slight_smile: How about you join us over at https://discord.fskneeboard.com and we’ll get you started! :slight_smile:

Hi!

Thank you for the awesome addition! However, I cannot seem to move the panel in vr mode? I can resize it, but it always has the same plane and vector in relation to the camera and I cannot move it in the same way as the other panels?

Thanks in advance for any help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.