VR Mode, a lot to wish for

Wow, just tried VR in MSFS with a G2 and Oculus Quest 2, if this is the future of what is to come, fork out the money for a high end 2D monitor.

The jitter, motion and low fps makes this out of the question for at least 6 months to a year.

DCS in VR is amazing, it is smooth, and works just like you would expect VR mode to work.

In MSFS it is the bare minimum to be able to project to a headset.

Why did you realase VR when it is not done? Maybe for the same reason the sim was released without vital functions still missing.

There is no way MSFS is so complicated that current hardware are only able tohit at least hit 30-60 fps in VR, I am talking smooth VR.

Yes, I do have a high end computer, yes with the latest gen cards and hardware, it does not help. I will be selling the headsets to other hopefulls and buy a big monitor instead.

2 Likes

Plenty of threads on here to help you out. Many people getting 30+ fps with similar setup to yours. It does take some tweaking to get right, but if you haven’t tried yet it might be a bit premature for a complaint thread.

6 Likes

I see , I am supposed to make it work with third party tweaks and tools, OK then. If that is how VR is supposed to be in the sim they might as well bundle the apps…

1 Like

Options Graphics, header “VT”,

set Everything on “LOW”, or “OFF” (Alias, rendering shadows … ) but for
"Render Scaling’ >> ~ 50
“Anti-aliasing” = “TAA”
“Texture Resolution” = “ULTRA”

your stutters should be gone now and your cockpit clear.
This is your baseline.

3 Likes

Enjoy your monitor!!

2 Likes

VR is just not mainstream and MSFS is not ready yet, sell the G2 hold the OQ2 just to check in as the upgrades come out over the next few months.

You are a very funny person​:joy:Lots of people including myself have no problems with VR and this sim at all. Better that you read and learn how to setup your system for VR instead of complaining like a cr.ba.y :confounded:So be smart and start reading these forums and then you will learn. Lots of people are here to help you :+1::facepunch: Good luck! :relaxed: :+1:

7 Likes

The same for me.
I have a Pimax 8K plus, and it’s perfect.
As always, you have to modify some settings depending on where you’re flying.
I also use Voiceattack for many commands not assigned to my HOTAS.
Even positioning my seat, ATC etc.
I have no complaints.

1 Like

What hardware are you running on? It does require a beefy GPU and a decent CPU, but you don’t have to have the top end spec to get an enjoyable experience. I am having 40-45fps in bush trips and mid 30s in big cities and have hard time flying on my 4K monitor since I got my G2 running. DCS flyer as well, and MSFS is as good as DCS in VR at the moment.

Vr is amazing in fs2020. Ill never go back to pancake mode xD

1 Like

Is there a reason for why you used characters instead of spelling out a word Billy?

VR is great, even on the OG Oculus Rift.

VR is fantastic. I think the problem is closer to home.
VR will always improve just like monitors did ( if you remember).
Enjoy your monitor.

1 Like

MSFS in VR is pretty nice I agree too, but on performance side it’s a shame compared to all other sims, apps and games in VR I tested or play regularly. I have to lower lot of settings even on a powerful hardware, and with my low res Oculus CV1, to get a near decent and smooth experience, and I talk about 30 or 45fps when I’m lucky. I really hope they will still optimizing.

not having a top end PC here and a quite outdaten VR Headset.
i5-10600K
32 GB Ram
GTX 1070Ti
Oculus Rift

My VR settings are between Medium and High and the only stutter I ever got in VR was flying low over L.A. while airport with lots of traffic came in sight.
Else I have no performance issue at all.

So it is not a general problem and therefor inappropriate to call out MS and Asobo for releasing VR in it’s current state.

Obviously there is a significant number of people with a very different experience, so there seems to be an issue with a certain hardware/driver/settings combination that definitely needs to be tracked down and solved for those unfortunate ones, but there is no general performance problem with VR.

Did I just hear someone suggest msfs isn’t the be all and end all of any game ever? That it’s not perfect? That it even has flaws?

Thread locked in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

0,99 0,98 0,97 … :wink:

I see nothing here which will make it closed. I can see remarks and hope and wishes from enthusiastic people :+1:

I just bought the game as I was with the monthly XBox Game pass :slight_smile:

That is pretty much where I am at.

I play DCS on just about everything in high except for some things that look weird in VR. I am able to read the cockpit instruments without having to zoom in, my settings are all set to high except for some things that are turned off because they look strange in VR mode. Everything flows and is smooth.

Half Life Alyx I am running on highest setting, same thing there, smooth playing

Once I jump inside MSFS I am at an fps that is around 25, in VR that is not an easy thing to fly in. This sim is the only one that performance in VR is poor. In 2D I have now with this rig 58-59 fps stable and solid on ULTRA so my machine should at least hit 30 in VR with all settings low.

Dont give up!

Read all the threads here about this, try and find out. It is no click and go, it takes attention and patience.

I am fine now on 8600k/2080t/G2 with 100% OpenXR, 100% RR/TAA, 200% T-LOD, 100% O-LOD, clouds high, all the rest medium, something low, something high, 24fps in Jets, 30fps in GA.

It’s awesome!

Enjoy VR!

1 Like

100% openxr and 100% taa with a 2080ti? What!

3080 here and I have to resort to 100% XR and 70% TAA for smooth flying 30+ FPS.

Going up to 100% TAA causes stutters.

i7-10700k, OC’ed to 5.0 ghz.

So what’s your secret?