VR Panels Not Remembering Adjusted Size

VR Panels Does Not Remember it’s Adjusted Size

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Open a panel from the Toolbar in VR (for example ATC).
  2. Change the size of the panel that is open.
  3. Close the panel using the X icon.
  4. Open the panel again but you will see it defaults to it’s original size not the adjusted size.

MS/Asobo locked my bug reported thread from SU11 Beta testing because they say it is not part of the changes in SU11 Beta.

However the bug was introduced in SU10 Beta testing but was only partially fixed (sim also could not remember panel position but that is now resolved), so if VR users would like this bug logged please let me know if you also encountered this issue.

Thanks

2 Likes

You’re better off making a bug report in the VR section and praying they take a look, that and sending a Zendesk Ticket in (which I’ve found with previous bugs it’s a complete waste of time), but in reality they clearly know about this issue but have ignored it so you’re probably better off beating your head against a brick wall.

It’s very clear to me they think of VR as an inconvenience, otherwise all the SU5/7 bugs that they introduced would’ve been fixed by now…

I think release notes for beta SU11 mentioned fixing this issue.

They only fixed the remembering position part of the issue but not panel adjusted size issue.

If you look at the release notes for SU10 you’ll see they’re essentially a copy and paste, I’m not so sure they understand what they’ve broken.

Hi,
I had the same problem with all the panels turned on in VR.

However if I switch off the unwanted panels in PC (pancake) mode, it will then remember it in VR mode as well.

Hope this helps.

Not sure what you mean, It will remember what?

I’m talking about the adjusted dimensions of the VR panels when they are re-opened.

4. Open the panel again but you will see it defaults to it’s original size not the adjusted size.

The only thing that they fixed was the VR panels remembering their last positions.

Hi,
Sorry, I did not mean the dimensions.
I meant that when you switch off certain functions in the Settings panel, like weather or Nav Map etc., they would be ON again at next start of MSFS. If I switched them OFF in PC mode, at the next restart they would remain OFF in VR.
BTW, I was never able to keep the panel dimensions resized in VR.
Hope this makes sense.

I meant this:

The issue is position on the z axis. The x and y axis save fine. Reopening causes major sizing issues that can’t be corrected once in a session

I think they forget VR is a full 3D environment as it was only fixed with 2D thinking.

1 Like

I’ve reported this several times, still there :woman_shrugging:t2:

Trying to report VR issues to 3rd party developers can be like trying explain the difference between red and blue to someone born blind.

Some of Asobos fixes and testing in VR makes it seem like they aren’t actually using/testing in in VR.

3 Likes

You are talking about something different, that is not what this thread is describing, this is not a third party issue.

@ Super275327 screenshot is not what I am describing to recreate the issue.

PLEASE REMOVE THAT SCREENSHOT it is not the issue described.

That was just a tangent on trying to report VR bugs in general.

But what I was reporting might be different. What I’m reporting is the window position forward or backwards breaks. Such as if you put a windows on the floor or the copilot seat . Which also could be interpreted as resizing. Once it reloads the scale is blown out of proportion and becomes huge, taking up most of your view

For #2 are you resizing by using the scroll wheel to move in/out or are you dragging the corners to realize. Both resize but in very different ways.

Sadly, I agree.
But again, this is not a third party issue, this is a First Party issue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ll test after work tonight. I want to make sure if we have one issue or two issues. If it’s two they would be super easy to confuse.

I confirmed, there are two bugs:

1. Resizing the height and width doesn’t save.
  2. Placing the window at a different 3D depth (with the scroll wheel) causes it to open back at extreme size. Once this happens the flight needs to be restated to fix.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.