VR Pilot Avatar Superpack - Copilot and/or Pilot always visible in Cockpit

Thanks for your reply. I couldn’t find any xml files anywhere in the folder but i uploaded the other ones here: https://file.io/HPEWemgjOE1L

Here’s how the folder looks like :

This is how it looks like inside the airplane’s folder :

1 Like

What follows isn’t meant to be snarky, I’m just blunt, and this is part of the process to show others, that may tinker to do the same, what makes the “simple” process to load some files and info up for someone else, sometimes very complicated.

You didn’t follow my instruction. It’s ok, we are still learning, and I somewhat expected this outcome…

1. Upload your files again. file.io is a “one-time” download service. Someone was quicker and downloaded your package. Now the download link is expired, and I’m greeted by this massage:
    Unbenannt

This is why I told you to send the download link in a private Massage (so no one else can see).

1. You didn’t clearly post the relative file path of the models folder to the sim object folder like I asked for.
    Luckily, you posted the pictures, and I was able to reconstruct the file path by combining both images to: SimObjects/Airplanes/bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza/model.base
    This is not trivial. One typo and the mod isn’t working. Absolute unnecessary that I have to gather this vital info from two separated screenshots and type it manual instead just copy and paste.

The .xml files are the one with the Edge logo, Why you have all other file extensions visible, but the .xml ones not - I can’t tell. Further, I found on the website of just flight this add-on, but wasn’t able to find a mentioning of the latest version number. But I realized that this mod heavily relies on the files of the existing Asobo Bonanza, so I’m sure that I will be able to get the pilot working when I finally can compare your files with the ones of the Asobo model and get all missing pieces together.

Make sure the manifest.json isn’t missing.
It has to be in the folder level just before"SimObjects"

Please make sure you are Up-to-date with the Blacksquare Bonanza when you repack everything. And send it to me in a PRIVATE MASSAGE again (click on my profile icon, the yellow one with a Joystick, and then on “Massage”).

Sent you a PM and yes this is a mod based on default Bonanza in the sim. Bonanza G36 to be precise.

1 Like

Thank you!
I downloaded the package and I took a brief look. Everything seems to be included now. I won’t be able to do anything with it in the next 24 hours. I will PM you when I have something you can test.
Unbenannt2

Unbenannt

Amazing, thanks for your time!

Just uploaded “zzz bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza_CM_0.1.1_Test1_do_not_release.zip” to files.io.
Please make a detailed test.
If it looks right at a first glance:
1-check if the Pilot/Copilot looks OK and if the positioning is reasonable.
2 -is the pilot linked? If yes, only the Legs or the hands too?
(I didn’t expect it on the Bonanza, I saw no refference to a pilot animation, but who knows what BlackSquare did)
3-check also a headless VR variant and if the head/pilot is visible from the outside.
4- check if the click spots are at the same position as they should be. If you use VR also test with the VR controller and also mouse, check if the convergence (no double mouse pointer) is set right on the click spots.
This can happen when the node # of the pilots is set wrong and things get shifted around in the cockpit (later, more about this). Then I have to try something different.

If everything is OK, please give a detailed feedback by addressing all points. Please document it by pictures (maybe a small video around 20sec). If this is satisfying, I will write a detailed step-by-step instruction of what is needed to recreate this mod when an update breaks it.
And then I integrate it in the mod at Flightsim.to.
You will be credited in the manifes.json and also in the instruction.txt. Tell me if I should use your forum name, or something else, or if you don’t want to be named at all. Keep in mind that others will maybe reach out to you because of it in the future.
Please post everything here (not as private massage) and I want to keep it transparent, so others can see how it works.

1- They do look OK and positioning is perfect.
2- Only legs are looking linked.
3- Headless VR works fine and both pilots are visible from outside.
4- All clickspots are working fine both in 2D and VR.

1 Like

Great! What a relive ;), Nice screenshots! I felt somewhat like Schrödingers cat the last couple of hours.
Now I know that I’m alive. I will prepare a release for tomorrow and write a documentation of what I have done. Good night!

P.S.:

Are the feet moving according to the rudder like in the Doubleender?

P.P.S.:
To be honest: it was not really a lot of witchery involved in this file edit for the Blacksquare Bonanza, but this small successful cooperation between us gives me confidence and also hope to work further on this Mod and add aircraft I don’t own and/or I never intend to use for myself.

The upcoming Mod will include the Build-instruction_bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza_CM.txt.

This is the detailed instruction how the mod for the Blacksquare Analog Bonanza was done.
It can be applied to many other aircraft, but this is not the rule. There are also others that need a different approach by editing the Interior or Exterior XML files. I will cover them later.

This mod was created by me (Condor7777) with the help of a forum member in the MSFS forum and I don’t own the BlacksquareAnalogBonanza.
If there is a update that brakes this mod you will need to follow the steps below to fix it again. This is why this mod has a “CM” = Community Maintained in the naming.
Follow the link to see how the first version was created:
VR Pilot Avatar Superpack - Copilot and/or Pilot always visible in Cockpit - #21 by Condor77777944

How to enable a always visibile Pilot for the bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza:

Prperation:
-Get Notepad++ to edit the files Downloads | Notepad++
-Get MSFSLayoutGenerator to create a layout.json GitHub - HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator: A drag-and-drop application for updating layout.json files in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) packages.
-Hold a Browser window open with this online editor to examine the nodes Array https://jsonviewer.stack.hu/

1.Recrate the file structur of the Original aircraft folder up to the model folder and copy the OG files from from the Target Airkraft that it looks like this:

zzz bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza_CM_0.1.1
! layout.json
! manifest.json
!
±–SimObjects
±–Airplanes
±–bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza
±–model.base
AnalogBonanza.gltf
AnalogBonanza_LOD.gltf

You do all edits in this file structure. You won’t need to touch the Original files anymore.

1. Open “AnalogBonanza_LOD.gltf” and “AnalogBonanza.gltf” in notepad.
  2. Switch to AnalogBonanza_LOD.gltf: Search for “PILOT_1” and copy exact this segment:

,{“translation”:[0.28243499994277956,0.13248687982559205,-0.05392485857009888],“rotation”:[0.008726535364985466,0.0,0.0,0.9999619126319884],“scale”:[0.9700000286102296,0.9700000286102296,0.9700000286102296],“name”:“PILOT_0”}

1. Switch to AnalogBonanza.gltf: search for
    "],“scene”,
    and paste the copied string just right before the square bracket like this:

…children":[1572]},{“translation”:[0.28243499994277956,0.13248687982559205,-0.05392485857009888],“rotation”:[0.008726535364985466,0.0,0.0,0.9999619126319884],“scale”:[0.9700000286102296,0.9700000286102296,0.9700000286102296],“name”:“PILOT_0”},{“translation”:[-0.28243499994277956,0.13248687982559205,-0.05392485857009888],“rotation”:[0.008726535364985466,0.0,0.0,0.9999619126319884],“scale”:[0.9700000286102296,0.9700000286102296,0.9700000286102296],“name”:“PILOT_1”}],“scene”:…

1. Now copy the whole text: Rightclick>Select All>Rightclick>Copy and switch to the Browser window with the “Online JSON Viewer” and paste everyting in the “Text”-tab window with the key command “Ctrl-V”

2. Switch to the “Viewer”-tab and open the (+)Nodes and now open the last two ones and make sure it is Pilot_0 and Pilot_1.
    Note thier Numbers: in version 0.1.1 these are 1574 and 1575.

3. Switch to AnalogBonanza.gltf in Notepad++ and Serach for
    [{“nodes”:[
    and you will see a long string of ascending numbers. Go to the last one of thes numbers and edit the two numbers you noted at the end, just before the square bracket like this:
    …,1573,1574,1575],…
    Dont be fooled by beliving that it is always one number higer than the previous on in the string.
    Here it is, but it can be much higer than the previous nummber, so always check the Node Array beforehand in the Online jason Viewer. This is not trivial, inserting a wrong number will break the airkraft.

4. Save AnalogBonanza.gltf

5. Optional but highly recommended, so you can track on which version this mod is based on.
    Open in notepad++ manifest.json Update the info inside. This will also show up in AddonLinker.

6. Drag and drop the layout.json on the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe. This will write all info in the layout.json, so MSFS2024 is able to intergrate this Mod in its filesystem and make it work upon the Original BlacksquareAnalogBonanza.Do tis every time you change somthing.

11.Intergrate this mod into your MSFS Community folder.

Recent Changelog 1.4.3

v.1.4.3 - 10.06.2024

+added the bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza_CM_0.1.1. This is a community maintained mod (I don’t own it). You will find a detailed build instruction txt inside to keep this mod alive.
+added the microsoft-aircraft-dhc2_1.0.2 DHC-2 Beaver
+added gotfriends-dhc2-expansion_4.0.1 install this only when you have this one installed >>> 40th Anniversary Expansion – Got Friends
+added the f7-pitts-challenger_0.0.2 FREEWARE >>> Pitts Challenger II [lite] für Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

You can skip this update if you don’t need any of the files above.

Note: Now I take aircraft requests for aircraft that I don’t own.
Please read this post for full Info:
VR Pilot Avatar Superpack - Copilot and/or Pilot always visible in Cockpit - #21 by Condor77777944

I’ve tested the mod again and feet do not move with the rudder pedals. Great to have it working with Bonanza!

Good morning . I made the request for the nardi FN333 and sent the files using the Flighitsim site.

The manifest.json is missing.
It has to be in the folder level just before"SimObjects"
You can open it in an editor and post the text here, as a text or screenshot, instead of loading it up.

I’ll do it right away.
thanks again for your availability

{
“dependencies”: ,
“content_type”: “AIRCRAFT”,
“title”: “Nardi FN-333 Riviera”,
“manufacturer”: “Nardi”,
“creator”: “Mario Noriega Designs”,
“package_version”: “1.2.15”,
“minimum_game_version”: “1.37.18”,
“release_notes”: {
“neutral”: {
“LastUpdate”: “VERSION 1.2.15 RELEASED FEBRUARY 29, 2024\n- Sim Update 15 Release\n- Fixed Autopilot Pitch Control\n- Enforced WT GNS\n- Updated NAV/GPS mode control\n- Increased threshold for "Trim in Motion" alert\n- COM 2 Test animation fixed\n- NAV volume knobs: click sound removed\n- Mapped TOGGLE TURN INDICATOR SWITCH control\n- SU15 Soft Gears, Wheels & High precision Landing gear methods.\n- Improved: Floats deployment when spawning on water.\n- Improved: Autopilot Audio Callouts”,
“OlderHistory”: “VERSION 1.0.13 RELEASED OCTOBER 20, 2023\nInitial release for Sim Update 13.\nVERSION 1.1.14 RELEASED DECEMBER 31, 2023\nRelease for Sim Update 14.\nControl bindings (See manual for details):\n- Floats (to Spoilers)\n- Fuel Selector\n- Emergency Gear\n- Emergency Hydr. Pump (to Manual Fuel Pump)\n- Fuel Pump\n- Anchor (to Wing fold)\nOMI Lights working Correctly\nFuel Pressure drops if no fuel is available.\nEngine may not start if the fuel pump is OFF.\nReservoir past fuel selector now working\nKeyring has more inertia\nFixed External Cameras\nSound Volumes adjusted for:\n- Engine Inside (+)\n- Floats (+)\n- Water rudder (+)\n- Controls and Switches\nSoftbody dynamics (flutters past Vne)\nLanding Gear is more rigid.\nImproved Water Landings\nPropeller Spray Effect improved\nImproved Engine Sounds\nGNS-430: touchscreen enabled\nGNS-430: full shutdown when deselected”
}
}
}

Can you please check for me what happens if you click on the air vents inside the cockpit?
I couldn’t find a link to a manual on any site of a reseller.

EDIT:
Never mind, watched a YouTube video and saw that you can move the vents in the ceiling, and the ones at the floor are probably without function.

I have uploaded four different variants (check personal massage). Please test them each one after another. Make sure you remove the previous version before testing another, and please don’t mix them up while testing.
Unbenannt

Please report what each of the four variants does by addressing the following points:

1-check if the Pilot/Copilot looks OK and if the positioning is reasonable.
2 -is the pilot linked? If yes, only the Legs or the hands too?
3-check also a headless VR variant and if the head/pilot is visible from the outside.
4- check if the click spots are at the same position as they should be. If you use VR also test with the VR controller and also mouse, check if the convergence (no double mouse pointer) is set right on the click spots.
This can happen when the node # of the pilots is set wrong and things get shifted around in the cockpit (later, more about this). Then I have to try something different.

Also add some weight to the back seats and tell if the pax appears and is also visible while in cockpit.

thanks for the work done.
I tried the four folders individually and they gave no results.
installed directly in the community folder

I’m sorry that it didn’t work.
I’m not able to have a deeper look the next days.
I will leave a download link for every curious Person. Hopefully someone that owns the nardi-FN-333 by Mario Noriega Designs get the pilots to show up.
The download contains these files:

Screenshot 2024-06-16 190723

You can find This in the aircraft.cfg:

[PILOT]
pilot =“Pilot_Female_Casual”
copilot =“Pilot_Male_Casual”
instructor =“Pilot_Male_Casual”
pilot_default_animation =“Idle1_PosePropeller”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”
copilot_default_animation =“Idle2_PosePropeller”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”,“”
pilot_attach_node=“PILOT_ATTACH
copilot_attach_node=“COPILOT_ATTACH

Not convinced of this, I did an experiment.
I overwrote the files in the original nardi’s model folder

in the external view the passengers in the rear seats were lost

apparently pilot and co-pilot appear to work well

errors appeared in the external view in 3D

zzz BROWNVIC_nardi_FN333 _test _01_xml_edit_do_not_release

it didn’t give any results

with the other 3 I get the same problems

the change in the color of the interior is thanks to another mod which did not influence the results.