VR sitting position adjustment

In some aircraft sitting position isn’t great. King Air for example feels like I sit way too close to the instruments.
Is there a way to adjust sitting position back and forwards in VR? Up and down, left to right no problem but I can’t find a way to adjust in the other direction. I suppose I can move my head forward and then reset view but it’s a bit of a clumsy work-around.
Any tips?
Thank you

Hello,
I moved this to the VR subcategory.

Use Alt + Up/Down

1 Like

You want to map Translate Cockpit View forward, backward, left and right (I can find the arrow keys okay for left and right) as well as Increast Cockpit View height and Decrease Cockpit view height.

I find some of the default positions in vr aren’t the “pilot” view, I often have to go into the camera tab then go to cockpit section then click on pilot view. Hope this helps.

Use keyboard arrow keys up and down. To move in and out use Alt with arrow keys.

I used to tilt my head WAY back each time while setting the Viewpoint, but no more.

There are x, y, and z numbers in one of the configuration files for each plane (I regret I don’t recall which.) that can be tweaked, using trial and error to get it as you like. In the file you’ll find viewpoint settings for all the views, such as “pilot” “instrument view 1” etc. you’re looking for “VR pilot” or something like that… near the bottom.

Keep searching the forums. It is possible!

Cameras.cfg
PilotVR

Look for InitialXyz

1 Like

Or you could just map eyepoint functions to your hardware buttons/dials.

Thank you very much everyone! I changed Z parameter in InitialXYZ from 0.65 to 0.5. That did the trick. Looks much better now

Alt + arrow didn’t wok - don’t know why but anyway, problem solved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i found a very nice trick to set the cockpit position:

-in your controller settings, set a button for VFR Pilot view save

-open VR Toolbar and select camera
-select Camera View Pilot
-adjust your view with the cursor buttons and when you are done push the configured button.

Now when you push the button to re-align the VR view it uses the saved position :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Every time I save the position, the view jumps a few (virtual) inches in a random direction, making it very difficult to save where I want it.

Anyone experience this? It happens whenever I press CTRL-F10 (the default key) or the assigned DX button on my controller. I don’t think there’s anything conflicting.

Using the SU15 beta.