Vr sound

`Hi Folks,Iknow this might be a stupid question,but i spent the whole day tweaking new vr update,and finally got it to work,i must say i think its great,but i have one issue,when i switch to VR mode i lose all audio and sounds,I dont know what the problem is,im using oculus rift s …any ideas it seems to be a minor problem but i cant figure it out ,thanks and merry Christmas

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

does your screen have black stencil on you headset? I tried workaround but all it did was crd!! I have external speakers and i selected then in my audio controls and it works good. Where is S/W v24 for the oculus found . I hope this helps you and i still have stencil on my rift s set

Possible workaround for Oculus users: I do not get sound if I have my Windows sound output device as “Headphones (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)”. If I use "Headphones (Rift Audio) sound is fine. I have Oculus Rift CV1.

1 Like

Thanks it works fine now

Hi all,

I have a quest 2 and a link cable.

Previously, when I launched fs2020 the sound would come out of the speakers and then would automatically switch to the quest 2 speakers when I enabled VR. Even if my default speakers were set to the computer speakers, which I appreciated

Now when I am in Oculus link menu I’ll hear the menu sounds but then when I switch to VR the sound goes back to the computer speakers. Please help me because the automatic sound switching really was immersive and convenient

I know I can switch the computer Audio output to the quest 2 headset and that works but i would like it to swift automatically like it was previously! Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.