WA0K (Mipol), WABF (Kornasoren), Faowi - wrong ICAO codes

Hello there.

I was doing a bit of research on Indonesian airports and I found some inconsistencies:

1. WA0K airport in game is marked as Kornasoren (asphalt runway, 1,751 m of length), while in real world WA0K is a tiny airstrip in Mipol (gravel runway, 370 m of length).
  2. The real Kornasoren airport has the ICAO code of WABF, while in game WABF is marked as Faowi Airstrip (concrete runway, 694 m of length).
  3. The real Faowi Airstrip has the ICAO code of FAO, and this specific code is non-existen in the game.

Sorry, if I presented it in a bit complicated way, but long story short - ICAOs are just mixed in the sim.

Greetings,
Cpt. Kiddo

Hi @CptKiddo8422!
Good find! I’ve not checked this myself, but in cases like this it’s best to report to Zendesk (if you have not done so).

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, @Hester40MT! Ticket has been sent to Zendesk with all the details.

1 Like

Some of these do not get updated until a World Update in that area - and then it depends on their data sources. :crossed_fingers:

MS/Asobo promised to maintain the sim for at least ten years, so we still have some time to witness fixes in such matters in the future. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like