Wakes for AI Ships

Great work, Henrik. Yep, need the wake effects. Vote +1.

1 Like

This is a remarkable addon and deserves the utmost consideration from Microsoft / Asobo. I cast my vote and ask everyone to make an effort to draw attention to this vote also outside of here.
Thanks to @hnielsen791

PS: Excerpt from Asobo’s Development Roadmap

March 11th:

• Trailer (TBA)
  • Sim Update 3
  • Feedback Snapshot
  • SDK Update
  • 3rd Party Update
  • SDK Features
    *** In-Sim Contrails Visual FX***
1 Like

These effects are essential to increase realism for both the seaplane and the ships.
André

3 Likes

You might not have seen the default moving and if your CPU is on overload you can basically just turn down the ship traffic and survive with the increasing number of static ships being included in sceneries… Most of the comments here goes specifically on the Global AI Ship Traffic project, where more than having the ships moving the point is that every time you enter the sim you basically have a different scenario as ships will come and go like in the real world. It is eye candy but also in the future a place to land…

4 Likes

@hnielsen791, @Neo4316

![MiG_001|690x388]

3 Likes

Arr… they be becalmed me harties!

Sorry, thought I was on the Naval Action forum for a moment…

1 Like

The point of this thread is obviously to hi-jack the flightsimulator and turn it into the world best ship simulator… :upside_down_face: :joy: :rofl: :innocent:

5 Likes

I think there was just some miscommunication resulting from your original comment. But, the default ships do not move (IIRC). This is for a separate freeware addon from @hnielsen791 that adds moving AI ships worldwide on predefined routes. Right now, there are no wakes for moving AI ships. This petition is looking to change that. Henrik’s addon has been a must in the flight sim World for many many years!

Cheers,
Rob

4 Likes

Ahh I see… my bad. There was no mention in the original comment about this as an addon and the tags doesn’t reflect that as well. I wasn’t aware there was a mod for this.

1 Like

all over the world , with wake effect w’ll beter

2 Likes

Yes, we will need these effects, so we not only see which way the vessels going but for much more realism, so wakes, waves, smoke etc.
Keep up the great work, Henrik.

Greetings,
from Holland

7 Likes

Beautiful image of the Shell tanker… It was fun modelling her.

4 Likes

Ladies, the mod is out: Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V1 • Microsoft Flight Simulator

…and I love it! Big thanks to Henrik Nielsen.

1 Like

Yes please add wakes and waves. This add on is so fantastic and adding those features will make awesome as well! We await the update with enthusiasm.
Thanks for the hard work and insight.

This should be added right along with wake and spray for seaplanes. It’s a major oversight that seaplanes don’t even have the slightest interaction with the water they are in. And if you can do it for seaplanes, it should be doable for boats and ships.

Amazing addon that fleshes out the world so wakes are essential! Come on Asobo please!

Looking good but something is missing…

1 Like

Vote +1, and great work.

Really nice but need to add wake and bow effects!

This add-on is frame friendly as author Henrik Nielsen, aka hnielsen791, into official forum of MS Fight Simulator also says.

In my simulator the FPS are set to 30. As you can see in the video the maximum I can get is 20 fps this is a function of my settings all on ultra. The sea with a little wave motion influences decisively.

This is my hardware. GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 Gbytes

DRIVER GEFORCE GAME READY

Versione: 461.72 WHQL

https://valid.x86.fr/effdl2

1 Like