[Walkthrough] Avoiding CTD´s - Community Troubleshooting Guide

What community folder? I only see one comunity folder but have nothing inside, So What is the location of that Community Folder?

Within the MSFS2020 folder. I think the other one is called something like “Official”. If your Community folder is empty then it means you don’t have any addon installed, so you shouldn’t be worried in that regard.

So my crash have nothing to do with that. ■■■■. But thanks. It seems I expend my money in a game I believe now that I’m not going to play soon. My gosh. I’m screwed.

Following up on my earlier post this afternoon - I tried flying around the same area with the same weather/time settings as earlier but this time without overclocking my system. No crashes at all. Too bad - I liked the extra 5 - 10 fps I was getting, but those new Azure voices crashing the game aren’t worth it. I might try turning them off, overclocking my system again and seeing how it goes tomorrow.

Adding to cause/effect explanations: I was getting constant CTDs until I removed the Navigraph data from my Community folder. Haven’t had an issue since.

2 Likes

Hey LameLefty,

sorry for the late response.

First of all, I would recommend turning off any OC of your hardware. OC can cause CTD´s.
It is kinda unlucky, we have to turn off our CPU Auto Overclocks or GPU Overclocks, cause it´s just state of the art nowadays. Losing up to 10FPS is hard to accept, but there are some performance improvements you could get them back maybe.

Here´s a good guide about performance, maybe you could get your 10 FPS back.

Performance Guide

[HOW-TO] Graphics Settings and Performance Guide (8/18/2020)

The ATC CTD´s are common since Patch 1.8.3.0 . Unlucky, I couldn´t found a possible solution. There are only the things you already tried to do, so I guess the best thing is, don´t use ATC and wait until ASOBO will patch this bug.

Many users already reported that issue, but it is still a good thing to submit a Ticket at Zendesk about the issue.

Have a nice day!
Marc / Epic Primus

1 Like

Si vous utiliser FS dans une autre langue que l’anglais l’ATC fait crasher le simulateur.
Vérifié en langue Française et Espagnole.

Pour éviter ce problème avec l’ATC, il faut mettre le simulateur en langue US-EN.
J’ai actuellement 20h de vol avec les données l’ATC AZURE et j’utilise les données BING et je n’ai plus aucuns problèmes. Zendesk est prévenu de la solution

If you use FS in a language other than English ATC crashes the simulator.
Verified in French and Spanish.

To avoid this problem with ATC, it is necessary to put the simulator in US-EN language.
I currently have 20 hours of flight with ATC AZURE data and I am using BING data and I no longer have any problems. Zendesk notified of the solution

1 Like

Hello Pilots,

the new Development Update was released. Check it out here:

A top wish list item are CTDs! So, we can expect the first fixes for some CTD reasons are coming soon!

1 Like

I just wanted to let you know that I fixed my CTDs by disabling all(!) my antivirus features when I want to play flight sim. I have Eset AV installed.

Regards.

1 Like

Hello Flight Simmers!

It took a time for me, to add another update to the guide. The reason for that is, that the forum went a bit toxic at some points, so I decided to pause my activity in this thread for some days to avoid another toxic conversation in this thread!

A lot of things happened in the last days! First of all MSFS2020 brought another Patch to us!

Welcome V1.9.3.0!

And yes, they fixed some of the CTD reasons! So, I am confident, there will be more fixes for CTD´s in the near future!

Here´s the guide changelog:

• added Step 2.27. Set your ATC language to English

@sagea67 brought this solution to us! Thumbs up! Unlucky, I can´t link you in the guide, cause there are only 10 “@user” allowed.

Another useful information:

MSFS2020 got a Support Twitter Account! Check it out here.

Last but not least, I want to start tidying up the guide. Some solutions aren´t needed anymore, cause MSFS2020 fixed the issues with different types of CTD´s. But for that, I need the information out of the community to make sure, the CTD´s don´t occur anymore! So, please let me know, which CTD´s aren´t a problem anymore! I am going to make a different section in the guide, with “Older Fixes” or something like that.

Thanks for all the Links in other topics, your upvotes and the positive feedback!

See you in the Sky!
EpicPrimus / Marc

2 Likes

my Sim Has CTD every few Minutes,useless as is now since patch 1.9.3.0!
fehler 1 fehler
before 1.8.3.0 all was ok,since 1.8.3.0 Sim starts to CTD,since 1.9.3.0 it is useless,this Sim is a Mess now.
i have no Twitter,and do not want it…

Update #4 is coming October 15 with quite a list of bug fixes and changes. https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-8th-2020-development-update/

1 Like

You have a disk warning in your list … could be a severe hardisk failure

1 Like

I noticed that too.
Event id 157 error was implemented to log a record of a disk disappearing. CAUSE:“This error indicates that the CLASSPNP driver has received a “surprise removal” request from the plug and play manager (PNP) for a non-removable disk .”

I was helping someone else with this same error, thought he might have MSFS installed on a USB disk, but wasn’t. Was a loose cable on the drive.

1 Like

this Disk is vitrtual,it is only there if fs run,then Ctd stop this and error message after the one from fsHarddisk3

2 Likes

Virtual? Hyper-V should always be switched off for MSFS

if you start fs it build this volume,i can´t switch off,
i do not have this Hyper-V.
if Ctd than it close it,thats error 157…
but i dislike that fs mess around on my SSD,…

1 Like

this is windows 10 virtual disk, and have nothing to error, it’s start with msfs and disable when msfs recognize license, don’t think is have connection to ctd, as ctd error all the time much later after this “disk” error

“disk” error is after msfs error…

in my event log are all before, and i think, the after the before next