“Wanda” the Marshal has Gone Missing?

I’ve noticed that “Wanda” is not appearing to guide me at the gate or parking.

I know that there are occasional issues with 3rd party airports affecting marshals and other ground services, but I, currently, have no 3rd party airports installed.

I have a number of 3rd party airplanes, are there cases where airplanes can affect the marshals?

Are any of you experiencing a missing “Wanda”?

1 Like

Still here, she’s actually waving me in right now!

1 Like

It is really odd, I’ve not seen her in quite awhile.

I don’t understand what is causing her to be missing.

Do you have any type of aircraft service mods?

No. The closest I have is the LVFR AREX Airport Regional Environment X North America, which swaps out the vehicles for ones that are utilized here.

The thing is I’ve not had that installed and still no Wanda.

1 Like

Start the sim in safe mode, see if she comes back.

2 Likes

That is a good idea, I’ll give that a go.

1 Like

I see her occasionally, but I don’t think it’s as often as when she only had one wand. She may have gotten a work notice. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m struggling to evoke Safe Mode.

In the past, I used to be able to alt-F4 and it would prompt me on next reboot.

That isn’t happening now. I’ve tried alt-F4 from the menu and from inside the cockpit — no dice.

Got any ideas?

Sorry, went to take the dogs for a walk on the beach.
Use Window’s Task Manager to shut the sim down.
Next time you start, you will get the prompt.

2 Likes

Great, will do, and thank you, as always!

1 Like

isn’t there a setting for ground objects density? Is that turned up to a reasonable level?

The only app that will affect ground mashallers i believe is GSX. PMDG has their own pushback but doesn’t have a marshaller modeled

Is there a way to do that manually if there wasn’t a crash?

As stated, once in the sim ctrl + Alt + Delete will bring up task manager. Find the flightsimulator.exe, right click and close. The sim will then be fooled into thinking it’s crashed. Next time you start it, the option to start in safe mode will appear.

1 Like

After some testing, I’ve determined that ORBX Alaska Mesh is causing Wanda to go missing.

I know that this add-on used to include PAJN, but was removed in version 1.3.0 to prevent a conflict with Northern Sky’s version. I wonder if there is some remnant code that is causing the loss of Wanda.

Does anyone know if there are configurable files in Marketplace content that could be modified to rectify this issue?

1 Like

I have the Orbx Alaska mesh installed. And I still get a marsherler at the spots where I would expect one…so not too sure about that as a cause.

Whether you get one depends on a few things as I understand it:

• the regional settings for airport services in that part of the world (this is not user configurable, but can be changed by mods although scenery designers shouldn’t). LVFRs regional airport environment enhancement packs follow this regionalisation and the services settings and will apply to any airport in the region.
  • this is further determined by the size of the airport
  • the type of parking spot (eg a a GA Dock type will never have a marsherler as it’s, well, supposed to be in the water, but scenery designers will use it on land to ensure there are no airport-inappropriate services such as pushback trolleys in PNG mountain tops.)
  • the type of aircraft and what ground services it has enabled (although this may not actually effect marsherlers, but it will GPU ls etc)
  • your interaction with ATC. If you don’t specify a destination in the world map, or declare a landing intention via ATC, you won’t get a marsherler. But I’ve also found it’s not necessary to request parking from ATC. You might still get a marsherler lurking on the apron

Thanks for all that clarification.

I’m wrong it’s not the Alaska Mesh, but it seems to happen only when I have it and Zinertek installed at the same time.

My test case has been the exact same flight in the same plane with ATC involved every time.

I’ve tested:

• Zinertek and AK Mesh installed — No Wanda
  • Zinertek installed, no AK Mesh — Wanda appears
  • AK Mesh installed, no Zinertek — Wanda appears

I’m not really understanding what’s going on here, but there seems to be some conflict between these two add-ons.

Narrowing this down is a bit of a pain.

For all I know it’s not even a conflict, but coincidence.

EDIT:

I just reread this. I think this is what might be going on. I’ve been doing a ton of testing, what between beta testing a pending aircraft add-on and testing my new PC build for performance configuration/optimization. I do not think I have been declaring a destination in the World Map all that often, but have just been taking off and pointing in some direction and landing at an airport after requesting landing clearance.

That said, in my test cases of trying to narrow this down, I’ve been doing the exact same flight and behavior every time and I didn’t get a marshal on the one flight with those two add-ons installed together. I know that I took a flight in the PMDG 737-700 yesterday with a fully fleshed out flight plan, including on the World Map and didn’t get a Marshal after taxiing to the gate at KSEA.

Again, maybe a coincidence. I dunno.

1 Like

Apparently, she missed me and came back.

The thing is, I missed her, too!

4 Likes

Wanda’s taking a break up north. Enjoying the mansions and a clambake near KUUU.

2 Likes

What also seems to be contributing to my playing “Where’s Wanda?”, is at uncontrolled airports she might be hiding at some obscure parking spot. I’ve easily missed her this way, too.

My home airfield – KPRB – has a Warbirds museum and the sim has a solitary parking spot at the museum’s location. That’s where Wanda seems to be most comfortable.

Who can blame her, really? The monthly C-47 rides, alone, are worth hanging around for.