Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

My summary: I installed the graphics driver from scratch (DDU). I loaded again, this time with a different aircraft, onto the payware scenery from EDDH (Justsim, Hamburg) and immediately this error message came up very briefly - but this time immediately without confirmation CTD. Then again without the scenery - and everything was loaded. For whatever reason - this scenery crashes. The error message is new and came with the MSFS update from 08th Sept.22. Furthermore, I have observed that the frame rates are worse. Before mostly at 50-60, now at about 32. Apparently reinstalling the Nvidea driver didn’t help either. I’m convinced that MSFS / Asobo still doesn’t have the memory management under control as far as the GPU is concerned. I never had any problems before the SU9. The first SU10 beta (first release) brought me a real performance gain, but the subsequent releases brought back the problems of SU9. Sorry, Asobo, it doesn’t work that way, at least as far as PC users are concerned. It may be that a mod makes problems. But something is wrong here. This is probably one of the reasons why the official release of SU10 has been delayed. I know it’s just speculation, but many users have this problem from what I’ve read on the forums.

ADD: Now I believe, there is a bigger problem behind - even without so above named software/mod (EDDH) the error message appears - in the start menu of MSFS. That never appears before and should be a bug that appears since yesterdays MSFS small update / release of SU10beta.

Unfortunately, I have to assume that Asobo generated this new error message to shift the responsibility for the memory problem and CTD onto the user - who now thinks he caused the error himself with a bad graphics card or driver or overclocking - which seems to be a bad thing to act memory management with regard to the GPU memory management. As I said: BEFORE SU9 there was no such thing. The problems have only gotten worse since then.

11 Likes