Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Your grafics device has encountered a problem… (Warning window)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

grafik

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Are you using DX12?

no

Are you using DLSS?

no

Are you using the multi monitor feature?

no

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Mildly infuriating it’s obviously tied to the windows “program unresponsive” queue that happens every time I start the sim with no issue. The sim starts loading, it gets sleepy for a few seconds, it powers on and loads fine.

Now that we have this timer call (I’m guessing ten seconds) I get an unnecessary message and game shut down.

2 Likes

“Now that we have this timer call (I’m guessing ten seconds) I get an unnecessary message and game shut down.” What timer?

I mean, I never saw this message since today. Maybe some mods were changed by me today, so I will try without mods.
Today I started the sim several times and everything ran without problems. But now started 3 times and whenever I wanted to start from EDDh (payware) with an update of the Bredok 737 max, this message came up when loading at the airport. now without mods, and it works. Let’s see, we still have to test something. Can mods cause this?

I am on a PC and have .18. I experienced this as well. Performance has been slowed since I was on the last update. As far as a response, another user indicated that he believed it to be a windows error for memory. I did like him and ended up at Core Isolation and discovered a memory issue with a driver and removed it. May not mean anything but it was an unusual coincidence. No more message but also no improvement in performance.

1 Like

What I’m supposing is they have a null access timer if it exceeds 10 seconds the message gets kicked and the game shut down. It’s very common for me at least to have caught the sim in an “unresponsive state” in task manager while loading, usually less than ten seconds.

Where and when this is happening leads me to this conclusion, I may be completely wrong.

If I’m not wrong this is very unhelpful to just “blame the video” for exceeding a null access.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?
Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
2600gtx

Are you using DX12?
No

Are you using DLSS?
Yew

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you mean the update of today? I think that there was an small Asobo FS update today (a few mb, maybe about 400 mb update)…Unfortunately I installed several other updates today (bredok 737) and installed this map enhancer (google) program but uninstalled it again because it only caused problems, so several changes today, so it’s hard to understand. But it could well be because of this small Asobo update?

What do you exactly mean with that, what do you removed?

Again - happens at EDDH with payware for airport and the Bredok 737max. With emty community folder it does not happen. Maybe it#s a mod or because more data has to be loaded?

Add: Now Ive tried it without the payware airport, and it seems, the warning message do not appear. We will see :wink:
grafik
Might be that this payware airport makes problem since a while. I must say that I use SU10BETA.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

In talking with Asobo, they have informed us that this message is triggered when memory consumption is too high for your particular system. Before, you would just get a CTD or freeze with no error message. Suggested solutions if you are regularly getting this message are one or more of the following:

• Reduce graphical quality settings (e.g. from High to Medium)
  • Reduce LOD sliders
  • Remove addons that could be causing this error

We agree that the message is a bit vague and unclear. We have submitted feedback to the devs to change the text of this error message so it better describes the cause.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

33 Likes

Thank you for the information. However, I never had this display and the problem until this afternoon and have not changed anything else. It just showed up today. So it can be because of today’s Asobo update or it’s because of this payware airport, because it seems to work without it. Not sure if this particular payware airport is causing this issue (or CTD) since the SU10 beta. It might be, gonna watch it.

5 Likes

If you are getting the error with the 3rd Party airport installed and you are not getting the error without the mod, then the addon is almost certainly the cause in your case.

8 Likes

It may be that I just got CTD with this airport from time to time (not before SU10beta) and there was no warning. Now this warning appears and it is actually misleading. Of course, it’s better to get a clear warning than just CTD and nothing. It would be good if you could get a kind of error log from MSFS. That would improve the search for the cause. Because I don’t think that my graphics card is too weak or heats up. However, since Simupdate 9 I’ve had stutter more often - which I never had before. So - maybe there is also a problem with the internal memory management (i.e. interaction between CPU and graphics card memory) of the MSFS? Let’s see what the official SU10 brings :wink:

1 Like

So an out of memory error kicks an overheat or driver issue warning … maybe I’m a bit on the nose here but should it maybe not do that?

4 Likes

Not sure if you saw this, but SeedyL3205 wrote:

So hopefully they can change the wording on that message.

3 Likes

It was a driver that indicated to Windows might be a threat to memory security. It was discovered because it was a boot driver for Acronis backup software that is considered as noncompliant and a potential threat to the system memory. I doubt if it was and I had removed the software a while back but the driver didn’t get removed. Therefore it may have appeared as a potential lurking hijack software.

1 Like

Just to clarify: this error occurs when I run out of graphics memory?

1 Like

And what would you recommend me? Didn’t quite get it. Is it possible that something has crept in through software (e.g. MSFS2020 Map Enhancement » Microsoft Flight Simulator) that I installed (and uninstalled) today ? But I’ve also had this memory problem for a long time, i.e. Stutter in MSFS - you can see it well in DEV mode, there are brief drops in performance. Don’t know if this is related- (MSFS memory leak?).

It happens to me when I load the situation in MSFS — this time in EDDH . But it also happened before in another situation. That why I m not sure if it has only to do with my EDDH add on. When I deactiveted the EDDH payware add on the message do not appear… Hmm…

1 Like

Strange … I got it once even with my 3060’s 12GB of vram
I was using 1440p or 4k on a 1080p HDTV but surely that’s allowed?