Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

yep, seems same here… as usually ( and expected by me ) looks like a nvidia driver issue. Thats also what the error message tell me.

But the rel. high gpu load on world map persit. That more a point for MSFS developers. A “map” should not bring e.g. a 4080 in 75% load ( but I cant exactly say since when this is ).

PS: for users which want to end the flight : dont press “ok” on that dialog. Then msfs will also not be closed. MSFS determine correctly an issue with the driver and shutdown msfs if you press ok , simple to avoid an unexpected crash.

1 Like

I never got it in DX11 anyway. Only started when I got the new card and started using frame generation

Wut?!?! What else do you click? The sim stops because it has hit a breakpoint - if you load it up in a debugger you can repeatedly cause the popup. Just click Continue in VS and the popup will reappear, close the popup and you will hit the breakpoint again. The audio still runs but the sim can never be recovered

I meant: if not click at “ok” on that popup, nothing bad happend in my case. Is it in your case a modal popup ?

I already switched back to former driver, so cant retest :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Are you sure you are talking about the same error as we are? We are all getting the c0000003 error which is a breakpoint error which of course means the sim stops running:-) Yes the popup is modal.

I added screenshot with the popup and also the error events flow… I had can move the map after the popup, hmmm…

Ah. on the map screen. I was talking about “in-sim” so dunno. Map run as a separate process? Who knows

1 Like

In case it happens again, may be with the next-next nvidia driver, I will also re-check that point more detailed. May be I only zoomed the map , etc… ( but currently nearly sure I moved the map :joy: ).

At least, after reverting the driver back to the .29 and I can not again reproduce the issue somewhere.

I’m just changed to 531.29 drivers, made a 22 minutes flight over NY and it worked. I’ll try a longer flight in a few minutes, so I’m expecting no problems.

03/28/2023 UPDATE: Past Sunday flew an hour and nine minutes flight, no problems at all, including real weather and traffic. Maybe I’ll try a longer flight today.

2 Likes

This is my view on this topic

So i would like to know if more people read similair in their window logbooks

Also nvngx_dlss.dll has changed i used 3.1.11 and now with the last update it was reverted back to 2.46

Yeah. This is 100% of the time for me now using DX12 since SU12.

But according to the feedback snapshot…

1 Like

Not sure what they mean with fixed external.
Do they mean graphicscard manufactorers and drivers ?
If so than the problem is a new one, can u please check windows logs after the ctd, because mine mentions that it is some fault in the flightsimulator.exe.
So im trying to see if there are diferences in the ctd we all experience

Hi, I did lower graphics in MS from ultra to high, did a flight at land, same(cloudy) come the fault. Did dll the older Nvidia driver, install did a flight in the same conditions, works perfectly. Will come and say if any change. I know some friends who say is ok and worked the last driver, but for me not. probably i do have to wait for an update :slight_smile:

I am assuming the roll back option was grayed out. Just go to the NVIDIA website and look up previous Game Ready Drivers. Download the one you want and when installing, instead of doing express, choose custom. Make sure to select Driver + Geforce experience (if you use) as it will re-install Geforce experience with the old driver. Also be sure to select clean install. Keep in mind though experience will now say that your driver is out of date, but just ignore it until the problem is fixed with a new driver.

did not roll back, and did not have that option active…dono why , so I did dll from the website and installed it manually. all the best!

it can refer to some driver tweaks from Nvidia side, & some basic workarounds that helped reducing this error. External means that the issue was not addressed by the dev’s, well, no one knows for sure how easy or hard to locate the exact cause for it, its like swimming in an ocean not a pool.

but continuous feedback can point to the relation between the various workarounds, to that they are limited.

also reports now being reported from users didn’t had any CTD before, & now having it, makes it clear its an internal performance issue, can be reduced, but can’t be resolved by users.

& the sim already is getting lots of plans & updates in content & performance, so from my side the ultimate act is:

• having some flights.
  • never mind some CTDS between a time to another.
  • be patient & enjoy every update the sim offers, knowing that the more time passes, the more solid the sim is beside its content.

Thanks for your replying

I can whole heartly agree with the last three lines
And for the rest you mentioned sheded some light on how to look at it
For the language is not my native speak, and some is comprehensive difficult in meaning

It didn’t help me. I had NEVER got that message before SU12.

I’m glad I found this post. This has never happened to me before SU12. I’m only using DX11 and have tried at least 3 different Nvidia drivers. I actually only got the message once or twice. When it crashes, I hear a buzzing sound and the sim freezes. It will lock up and I’ll have to manually restart the computer. I’ve also had it make the scary buzzing sound and nothing happen.

1 Like

Yup that’s the typical development of this bug.
You can keep it under control by underclocking your GPU memory (sometimes GPU clock too) using MSI afterburner.

2 Likes