Washington DC Multicolor Trees bug?

Not sure if this something on my end but just noticed in DC the trees look like they have Christmas lights. Have not noticed this in other locations yet. Emptied community folder and its still there. Also I am not using DC addon scenery. It seems to concentrate around the national mall and national cathedral. My nvidia graphics card is up to date too.

Hi,

This is my Washington, DC:

You mentioned emptying your Community folder, but your Official folder may also have addons that cause these issues. Do you have any Bijan products installed?

You can try restarting your sim in safe mode. This doesn’t always work, but sometimes you can go into Microsoft Flight Simulator and click Alt+F4, then restart MSFS and it will prompt you for safe mode. Safe mode will start MSFS with no add-ons, official or Community folder, installed.

Just tried booting in safemode and the bug is still there. I have not used any Bijan products either.
I guess this is not a major issue, but interesting.

Wonder if there is a corrupted file someplace that could be replaced?

This solution is for issues with aircraft textures, but should allow you to solve your issue as well:

2 Likes

Thank you for the assistance! I never found the source file problem but I deleted all the files I thought could cause it and then ran the update when I restarted the sim. Problem fixed now!

1 Like

Hi, can you remember which files you deleted? I have the same issue.

Hi, I ended up deleting a number of files because I was not able to identify the specific problem file. Cant remember exactly which ones but I believe it was in the Microsoft Flight Simulator-Packages-Official-Steam folder. In there I deleted a number of the fs-base folders. Maybe some others. Sorry I cant be more specific.