WASM on XBox

Could WASM be the door opener for us XBox Users regarding a career mode? Sim Connect will be possible when we will have WASM?

1 Like

If you are thinking about the carreer mode options currently available for sim which depends on external applications, then probably not, not soon atleast. For that to work MS will need to find a way to port those apps for xbox and release them in xbox marketplace. But that involves a lot of logistical challenges, licensing etc. If that can happen and the Xbox os supports having multiple apps including MSFS open and active at the same time, it may happen. Afterall Xbox essentially is a heavily locked down PC. But only ms can answer that what will actually be possible. I have a hunch that even they don’t know.

Edit: May be it can be done even without WASM/simconnect, but this is wild idea hatching in the wierd network programmer brain of mine, so don’t think anything of it yet. May be Devs can have a in-sim module which can communicate over a network and provide necessary information over a TCP/udp / any other connection. The carreer mode client can run at a pc in the same LAN. In Forza games there were an option to export telemetry data to a client in local network. This idea is similar to that. But that module needs to appear in in-sim marketplace which probably will be less complicated than having to port and publish an entire x86 app to Xbox marketplace.

2 Likes

Connecting to external applications requires SimConnect, not WASM. WASM is going to allow more complex planes to be run on Xbox. I may be wrong, but as far as I’m aware, there are no plans to bring SimConnect to Xbox.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.