WASM standalone Module causing CTD on launch after World Update 4 patch

Asobo’s priority is to get MSFS to XBox, plain and simple. Because consoles are sealed platforms, it’s more important to have the eye candy than to have custom code support. That’s why breaking WASM isn’t a high priority fix for them.

2 Likes

I agree! This is crazy! All they talked about was making a product for real simmers and it’s been 24 hours and nothing. All of my hardware is useless except my yoke and throttle.

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/standalone-wasm-modules-crash-the-simulator-after-latest-1-15-7-0-update/390552/68?u=taleboules2146

As the developer of the MSFS Mobile Companion App, I’m kindly asking Asobo to fix this bug. I was adding CRJ controls to the app, but now I can’t continue working on the project.

I’d like to point out that this bug is not only about the Companion App. It’s affecting every home cockpit builder, every customer using advanced peripherals and many dedicated flight simmers.

Thanks @FlyinJPetrol for posting this bug!

4 Likes

Agree 100% it shut down the people who they said they built it for.

I have the same problem. A solution please.

A HOTFIX FOR THIS CAN NOT COME FAST ENOUGH!!!

I will be putting my flying on hold because this has made it miserable to fly without my hardware. I can not believe That MS and Asobo let this update go out knowing it would cause this.

1 Like

Realsimgear reacted to the issue as well.

I cant believe that Asobo is handling X Box as priority, who is seriously doing a flight sim like that on a console? They must know that real simmers only use PC, as Sim Hardware is easier to handle there. They would loose lots of customers, means real hardcore simmers, who also probably are cockpit builders, with that policy.

1 Like

When can it fix this simulator I had problems get it started last night but hope you the developers have fix hotfix get it started after what is sitting the error is somewhere it has always been so when updating the simulator test before you launch the update so be grateful as I know lies mkt time o power on money fly the simulator that my biggest interest wants has answers why it does not start at all?

so we are not going to get a hotfix or anything? not even a statement? we are the poeple that spend most money and time on flight sim, yet they let us down. i was currently building my homecockpit setup, without spad next and the wasm module most of it doesnt work anymore. and im not going back to mouse and keyboard. i wont start msfs un til this is fixed. this is just ridiculous asobo.nobody wants a flight sim for a console…we want working setups with our sim ! I spent nearly 1000 bucks since msfs was released to make my dream come true… for ***** sake… every major update crashes something. but it was always things you could forgive… this is not forgiveable…

2 Likes

Hot fix please

I use it for X-Touch-Mini-FS2020

Im also having this issue, hope this helps bump up the turn around time for a fix

remove the WASM folder and everything works fine, add it back and CTD everytime.

Very frustrating

All standalone WASM modules in the Community folder will crash the sim after the 1.15.7.0 update.

Please MS/ASOBO, fix this ASAP

10 Likes

Have the same problem. Bad timing since I just released an app that depends on the FSUIPC WASM module :confused:

I noticed the same with the Mobiflight Wasm module which provides bindings for the G1000 and GNS530.

Confirmed and already confirmed by devs.
Hope to see a fix very, very (!) soon … :unamused:

1 Like

Where does one find this confirmation from the devs? I’m not doubting it, I’d just like to know where to follow so I’ll know if/when it’s fixed.

This isn’t exactly helpful, but I see people talking about WASM modules … google tells me it’s Web Assembly?

What are these WASM modules that people are using, what do they do?

I confirm that on my system, the Mobiflight-event-module in now causing MSFS to CTD after todays MSFS update.

Not too surprised – probably caused by some changes to WASM by Asobo.

Oh well, back to playing with the Mouse, till it gets resolved - UGhhh “Mouse” !!

1 Like

Yup, home cockpit unusable now. Panels not working through Spad.Next, GNS530 from RealSimGear not working, and not able to run the 530 mod as well.

I’ll consider myself grounded until a fix arrives, shall I?

2 Likes